The Best MLS Season Ever Thread (2016 obviously)

GoGo Yubari

In fairness, I was in Milton Keynes before they were. Bunch of upstarts. :shifty: 

I wouldn't say I 'hate' the Dons like I do some teams, but the just wrong way in which they came into being left a really bad taste that I've never been able to come to terms with. Not helped by them retaining the name 'Dons', which is like an eternal slap in the face.

Besides, living in MK means that I get to enjoy their failures on a closer and therefore more delightful level. :pervert: 

10 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

In fairness, I was in Milton Keynes before they were. Bunch of upstarts. :shifty: 

I wouldn't say I 'hate' the Dons like I do some teams, but the just wrong way in which they came into being left a really bad taste that I've never been able to come to terms with. Not helped by them retaining the name 'Dons', which is like an eternal slap in the face.

Besides, living in MK means that I get to enjoy their failures on a closer and therefore more delightful level. :pervert: 

That's all fair and if I were from there (or England in general) I'd likely have feelings one way or the other about all of it.  Being from the US though, that kind of stuff is just something that happens in our sporting world.  

I don't hate the Titans, but won't ever root for them because Bud Adams left Houston (and was a fucking cunt) and kept the baby blue in the color scheme as the eternal middle finger.  

Outside of Cleveland nobody hates the Ravens on basic principle, or the Colts, or the Thunder etc etc etc.  

Plus, they've got an American GK and another had a loan spell there ! 

Back to MLS news:

Timbers sign Jack Barmby on loan with option to buy

Lagerway confirms what we knew - Seattle's recent moves are in order to sign a DP

There's loads of fantastic lower league clubs all with unique histories. I think it depends on what type of team you want to follow. And we've got loads of fans of lower league teams who'd be able to help. 

Generally I like top-mid level types, able to either outright develop their own players (like Dallas) or does well with young players/scouting prospects (like Portland). 

I also like the "fallen giant" or well supported but under performing type such as Leeds, Newcastle, Wednesday ....

1 hour ago, damshow said:

Glad we got goal of the year sorted after 2 weeks.

Giovinco nearly did the same thing in the opening match. Megged a guy on the halfway line and tried to lob the keeper. Mental.

Mattocks to Portland is officially official now.

Hercules Gomez training with Seattle

Even if they were horse crap, I'd really liked it if the Podolski to TFC rumors were true ... I'll likely be in Maryland again before Christmas and seeing him live would have been a very likely thing.