Weirdly hyped to start U3 tonight. I remember buying into the hype upon release and being disappointed, looking forward to going into it with tempered expectations.

I will, however, still get frustrated at...

Spoiler

... walking blindly and lost through the desert via my own control for five minutes, only to arrive somewhere and the enemies being in the same place I happened on in massive numbers <_<

I actually loved 3. It was the most over the top action which made me feel like I was in a crazy film or something. Loved quite a few bits, but specifically the bit in the plane (I believe just before the desert bit you mentioned), that's one of my favourite bits of a game ever.  

It could just be that you're all Uncharted out! Each game improved as it went on, I think, but can imagine how samey it might get playing 1, 2 and 3 in quick succession, especially considering the fact I've already gone through them once before. I have complete faith in #4 being the best of the lot.

I don't know what it is about the third one, but i just can't get into it at all. I'm currently at chapter 9 and reading this here makes it seem like the even more "fun" chapters are still to come. I never had PS3 so it's my first time playing these. Uncharted 2 has easily been my favourite of these.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

By all accounts, some websites have started dispatching the game a fortnight early. As well as that, around 10,000 copies of the game were stolen in transit and are now being sold across the UK. According to the AppyGamer article I read, someone paid £55 for the game in CEX somewhere in the UK, and provided proof. There's a criminal investigation under way.

I won't lie though. If I could get my hands on the game today for £55, I would. Apparently there was an eBay listing of the game ready for dispatch immediately for £99.

For the rest of us, under two weeks to go now! 

• 2 weeks later...