10 hours ago, Alexis Sanchez said:

Mini spoiler about the 4th chapter;

Hide contents

Playing Crash Bandicoot is the best

The cinematic's in this game are outstanding.

Played a little bit last night and stopped just after that part. I'm sure it won't be topped.

In all seriousness I am enjoying what I've played so far. Skidding down steep banks and grappling hooking things is hellafun.  

9 hours ago, Baddar said:

Played through chapters 8 and 9 tonight. Bloody hell. Some tough sections there.

Oh, and @Benji, are there any decent online modes to play as a two? Should be free tomorrow night from 9.

It's all 10 person at the moment, but I would highly recommend the capture game (I think it's capture) as it's more teamwork based and infinitely more fun than just killing folks.

Feel free to spoiler tag this if necessary, but are there any parts of the game that go completely batshit crazy like 1 and 2 did

Spoiler

with the zombies and the magical yeti people? Both of those things really turned me off the series because when the first 75% is all realistic action stuff it was incredibly jarring to suddenly be shooting Spaish zombies or battling magically powered yetis.

Spoiler

I'm at chapter 20 (I think there's only three proper chapters left) and no, nothing like that.

Also, I never understood those complaints. It's not like those things were ever actually magical. Literally the only magic in the series as far as I remember is in the multiplayer. Uncharted 1 & 2 spoilers ahoy:

Spoiler

Uncharted 1 was a chemical weapon that essentially turned people rabid, and Uncharted 2 was never yetis - they were people dressed up as yetis who used a chemical to enhance their strength.

On Benji's second point

Spoiler

Depends how you look at it, but it does come across as 'magical' sometimes because they never really go into the science behind the transformations very much, although I do agree with you (for that matter I wouldn't mind if they were magical anyway, why the hell not). I guess the point is that it's chemical or whatever but would appear to be magical to the older civilisations where the legend comes from. 

Spoiler

To me it just felt like a cheap ploy to add horror aspects to an adventure game, and I'm incredibly turned off by things designed for jump scare purposes. Particularly in the first game it pissed me off because I had enjoyed the game so much to that point and all of a sudden I was hiding from mutated Spanish sailors in the darkness which is the sort of gaming I hate.

If this game doesn't have anything like that then I'll probably get it soon.

Uncharted 1 ^^

We just installed 4 so I figured I would mess around with it some. I might not be able to play i. Does it always do these really drastic whip arounds with the camera? I am doing the flashback thing and everytime I stop moving the camera seems to whip around to either face me or be behind me. I get a little motion sick and these huge quick moves are making me nauseated. 

I'm at Chapter 13 now, and I think I'm over the climbing. It's just constantly cropping up in every chapter and is getting tedious. The actual shootouts and story are fun, but there seems to be a climbing section after every 20 minutes of gameplay.

I don't mind the odd bit of climbing. But it's happening in every chapter. Like, Drake will say "the only way in, is up" - yet after scaling another huge structure, 20+ enemies happen to be waiting for you. It was a common complaint of the series before, so I'd hoped it'd be toned down a bit in this. 

As for my progress, chapter 18...

Spoiler

Fuck, that shootout at Avery's place is tough. Took me countless attempts and two sittings to get that done. Should be coming to the end of that chapter now.