Happy for 'em. Probably my 3rd or 4th favorite team, going back to the mid-90s when Sandy Alomar (and later Roberto) played for them. 

So I guess I have to cheer for Cleveland now :( 

I hate that the last two games were on so early in the afternoon. I wasn't able to see them due to work. I did catch Crisp's solo shot in like the 4th I think but that was about it.

Finally some bats coming to life. Especially Russell.

EDIT: Heh. That fact about Julio Urias was, I'm pretty sure, read almost verbatim from Urias' Wikipedia page. I just read it right before they talked about it.

I think Rizzo's been like 0 and 10 or something in the NLCS, hasn't he? Finally showing that power. 

Also, fuck, Angel Hernandez is the home plate umpire.

Lackey just gave up back to back walks. Come on, you AJ Styles looking soccer mom motherfucker, let's get out of this with minimal damage. :@

EDIT: Bases loaded. Fuck.

Of course my internet starts acting like a steaming pile of shit while I'm streaming from Fox Sports Go when the bases are loaded fuck you 

FAKE EDIT: Oh good my stream comes back as Mike Montgomery turns a double play ball into a two run single yay hooray

Got out of it with only 2 runs scored. Whew.

• Like 1

The Cubs' bats were due to wake up.  Could definitely see them doing well against Maeda tonight as well.  I do like that Kershaw will pitch Game 6 in a do-or-die game for one of the teams, that's the most intriguing outcome.

I have a feeling that the Indians, as great as they've looked, are going to have some troubles early on in the World Series.  2006 Tigers, 2007 Rockies, 2012 Tigers, 2015 Mets.  Having a long layoff before the World Series while your opponent only gets one or two days off really isn't an advantage in baseball.

4 hours ago, #BROKEN Busch said:

The Cubs' bats were due to wake up.  Could definitely see them doing well against Maeda tonight as well.  I do like that Kershaw will pitch Game 6 in a do-or-die game for one of the teams, that's the most intriguing outcome.

I have a feeling that the Indians, as great as they've looked, are going to have some troubles early on in the World Series.  2006 Tigers, 2007 Rockies, 2012 Tigers, 2015 Mets.  Having a long layoff before the World Series while your opponent only gets one or two days off really isn't an advantage in baseball.

I can see why you'd think that, but the Indians need the time off pretty badly to rest up their starting pitching. Bauer won't be needed until next Friday now at the earliest so his pinky can heal up, while Danny Salazar is likely to be on the WS roster as well, and the bullpen will be plenty well rested for the WS now. The time off is only going to help with the pitching, and it's not like the offense is doing much right now, either, so them cooling off isn't a worry.

My gut tells me that the Dodgers/Cubs have the best shot of winning in a World Series match against Cleveland. With that being said, I thought the Red Sox and Blue Jays were both going to trounce Cleveland. Their pitching has been phenomenal. I worry that these few days of rest may actually be a hindrance to Cleveland's offence as they will need them to come up a bit more than they did in the ALCS. It really fell on Lindor and Napoli (Santana, too) in the Toronto series to power their squad.