Sir Terry Wogan has died.

FLiam

Tel :(

Hugely important broadcaster, and how ubiquitous he was for so many years, and how much he was associated with quite safe "light entertainment" kind of makes you forget that he was very much his own man with his own voice, and of a type we're unlikely to see much of again. The most soothing voice for breakfast radio ever, and I'll always fondly remember his breakfast show keeping me somewhat sane when doing opening shifts at a petrol station for a few years. Anyone who can get away with using the line "...she'd never been taken up the Oxo Tower before" at 9am on Radio 2 is okay by me.

• Like 2

It's hard to find anything negative about him. He was a great presenter whether he was doing Children In Need, Eurovision or appearing on random episodes of Never Mind The Buzzcocks. 

Sad really :(

1 hour ago, David Marrio said:

It's hard to find anything negative about him. He was a great presenter whether he was doing Children In Need, Eurovision or appearing on random episodes of Never Mind The Buzzcocks. 

Sad really :(

Apparently he was the only presenter who turned up to Buzzcocks with no written notes or script, just got there, tweaked a few of the jokes that had been written for them, and then ad-libbed the whole thing.

• Like 1

What did poor Tel ever do to deserve that? :/

But seriously, Wogan was amazing, I'll never forget countless laughs on Eurovision, or his great work with Children In Need, or even just mornings listening to him on the radio. The phrase "national treasure" gets thrown about a lot, but he really was something special.

• Like 1