Your five favorite bands

RPS

21 minutes ago, Rich said:

They had to be in some form of order?

Even with no order, I'm amazed you didn't list them first. Also, never had you as a Pink Floyd fan for some reason.

Anyway (in no particular order): Manic Street Preachers, Muse, Deftones, Foo Fighters, and a 5th who today I'll say... The Beatles.

This is tough...

Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Nile, Six Feet Under, and The Megas.

Sex Machineguns, Testament, Death, Megadeth and Slayer all also possible choices depending on my mood.

Mine would probably be Sleater-Kinney, the Clash and Michael Jackson as absolute locks, no matter what. I'd probably want something electronic for my last two so probably Flying Lotus and Hercules and Love Affair. 

• Like 1

Oooooooooooooooooooh I love this question.

A lot of the bands I'm listening to now and would be current favourites....I'd probably bottle out of and not take the with me. Weird that, still that probably shows my classic favourites. Also, I could take a band who have one album, or a band who have like a dozen. Far more choice for those. Let's see who I'm certain of....

THE KINKS.

Without doubt I'd take The Kinks. With regards to albums, Village Green Preservation Society is a stone cold classic. Muswell Hillbillies is brilliant and Arthur...is great too.....and then you've got singles like Sunny Afternoon, Days, Waterloo Sunset, Lola, Dedicated Follower of Fashion, Ape Man and their early stuff like You Really Got Me.

Kinks gotta come. God save the Kinks.

In fact, every night on that island, as the sun was setting and my chance of rescue was gone for another day, I'd pump out Sunny Afternoon and sit back with a fermented coconut drink.