2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

I really like the Robinson pick for Detroit. Run stuffer, works for me man, people can bitch about his pass rushing skills but he's a fucking DT. They do rush passes, but it's not like Ngata was some big time sack master and he had a great career (still going also).

But I hate how one site says "He has questionable heart" and another says "He's a hard worker". Well what the fuck is it?

4 minutes ago, Plubby said:

More excited by Darian Thompson to the Giants. Darian is a super-nice guy.

Good to hear.  I could honestly see Thompson immediately becoming the starting free safety on Day 1.  Landon Collins was unspeakably bad at FS, so if this Thompson pick gets Collins moved to SS where he belongs I'm all for it.

• Admin

Patriots select Jacoby Brissett.

Cardinals select Brandon Williams.

Browns select Cody Kessler.

Seahawks select Nick Vannett.

Lions select Graham Glasgow.

Patriots select Vincent Valentine.

Seahawks select Rees Odhiambo.

Broncos select Justin Simmons.

And we're done for the night!

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Jets select Jordan Jenkins.

Washington select Kendall Fuller.

Texans select Braxton Miller! @Meacon?

Dolphins select Leonte Carroo.

Bengals select Nick Vigil.

Hey you have a QB if Brock shits the bed!   I don't know....he converted to WR a year ago, he was good-ish?  Still learning the position, but he's a freak athlete.

• Like 1

Loved what the Colts did. Poor Vontae Davis should have some burden taken off of him. T.J. Green will more than likely be converted to CB.

Clark is a great value for where they picked him, I think. Secondary and protecting Luck were the biggest needs for us.

2 hours ago, Jake O. Rhodes said:

How has Andrew Billings fallen so far?

Not sure, I saw him projected into the first round. I mean, is there a character issue, or an injury nobody knows about? Not heard anything.

I know the Lions just grabbed a DT in the 2nd round, but I might try to snag him in the 4th if he's still there. If not, I feel like we can add to any position right now other than K, P, and QB. Probably not RB either, but I'd say DE, LB, S, CB, and Oline are still all in play based on talent level available.

Let's get the obvious out of the way....I hope we picked the right guys and they are good players. Ok good, now that we all know that..

I love what Quin is doing right now. FUCKING ABOUT TIME ONE OF OUR GMS ADDRESSES THE TRENCHES INSTEAD OF LOADING UP ON SEXY PICKS. Ah that felt good. Fucking seriously though, this guy gets that you fucking win games in the trenches. You fucking build from the inside out. You fucking stop the run. You fucking run. You fucking smash the QB. You fucking protect the QB. Why is that so hard to fucking figure out? I don't know, Quinn did. If your lines are good you'd be amazed at how much they make medicore talent look better because they open holes for shit running backs, or sack QBs and make shit CBs look good.

• Like 1

Reading through the Walter Football draft grades so far.  This has probably been my favorite blip of the bunch:

Cleveland Browns: Cody Kessler, QB, USC D Grade
The good news is that the Browns traded down for this pick. The bad news is that they used this pick on a horrible quarterback prospect. Cody Kessler is a small signal-caller with a weak arm. He could be a nice backup in the NFL, but I don't see how Cleveland could ever envision him as a starter. The Browns told Robert Griffin that he'd have to compete with a young quarterback. The only way he'll ever lose to Kessler is if he shows up both drunk and high to practice every day, and even then, it'll be close.