2007 Scenario - In Progress

Hey all, 

I've been quietly working on a 2007 scenario for TEW 2013, since I've always kinda wanted to do a diary after the whole death of Vince McMahon storyline. I've already made some progress so far, but I'm wondering if anyone would like to help me put together stuff like indie or Japan rosters and/or beta test for me when I'm ready to do it. Let me know if you are interested in it. 

28 minutes ago, ElTiburon said:

Hey all, 

I've been quietly working on a 2007 scenario for TEW 2013, since I've always kinda wanted to do a diary after the whole death of Vince McMahon storyline. I've already made some progress so far, but I'm wondering if anyone would like to help me put together stuff like indie or Japan rosters and/or beta test for me when I'm ready to do it. Let me know if you are interested in it. 

I'm game. How far along are you with this?

So far, I'm just about done with WWE and WWE developmental territories. I figured that would be the easiest part.  Next step would be probably TNA, and then Japan or Mexico. Once I'm done with some of the bigger promotions, I try to fill in on the indies. 

7 minutes ago, ElTiburon said:

So far, I'm just about done with WWE and WWE developmental territories. I figured that would be the easiest part.  Next step would be probably TNA, and then Japan or Mexico. Once I'm done with some of the bigger promotions, I try to fill in on the indies. 

About how many promotions total are y'all eyeing to put in?

Also, am willing to playtest.

10 minutes ago, The Handsome Luchadore said:

About how many promotions total are y'all eyeing to put in?

Also, am willing to playtest.

Around 20- I'll put a tentative list in spoilers. I may shorten the number if I can't get rosters for everything. My biggest priorities are getting solid rosters set for the bigger companies. 

Spoiler

WWE
AAA
CMLL
Chikara
CW
CZW
ECCW
ECWA
HWA
JAPW
NWA-A
NYWC
pwg
roh
shimmer
sw
tna
wlw
wwc
AJPW
NJPW

I'm happy to help with some the indie stuff, more notably ROH and NWA-A. That's about as far as my knowledge extends to outside of WWE and TNA around this time.

If you need any help with TNA, I'll be happy to help with that, too. I have every episode of Impact + PPVs from 06-08 installed on my computer which if you'd be interested, i'd be happy to send you a couple of episodes from around the time in which you're beginning this mod.

As for now, he's in, but that may change, all things considered. At the very least, he'll be in the data, so theoretically, if I have him set to Deceased or Out of the Business in game data, somebody could use him if they really wanted to. 

• Like 1

I'm about half way done putting the TNA roster together. I'm too familiar with AJPW and NJPW, but I may try to do those next. If anybody has some good knowledge of the rosters around that time, any help would be appreciated. 

3 hours ago, ElTiburon said:

I'm about half way done putting the TNA roster together. I'm too familiar with AJPW and NJPW, but I may try to do those next. If anybody has some good knowledge of the rosters around that time, any help would be appreciated. 

I'll go browse around on Cagematch to at least get an idea of it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of an update on the status of this. I've got WWE, TNA, and Mexico squared away. I put in a bunch of work on indie promotions. I wanted to have a decent of companies in the game, and I might actually overshoot my intended number. I've decided to exclude a couple of smaller companies such as NYWC because I can't find proper data and/or stats for all of the wrestlers that would be around at that time. Currently, I'm trying to put together a few more American indies, and then the next items would be Puerto Rican companies and one or two more Canadian companies. Once I'm done with other companies, I'll work on other areas, saving Japan for last, since I know almost nothing about Japan. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ElTiburon said:

A bit of an update on the status of this. I've got WWE, TNA, and Mexico squared away. I put in a bunch of work on indie promotions. I wanted to have a decent of companies in the game, and I might actually overshoot my intended number. I've decided to exclude a couple of smaller companies such as NYWC because I can't find proper data and/or stats for all of the wrestlers that would be around at that time. Currently, I'm trying to put together a few more American indies, and then the next items would be Puerto Rican companies and one or two more Canadian companies. Once I'm done with other companies, I'll work on other areas, saving Japan for last, since I know almost nothing about Japan. 

Just mention me when y'all get to Japan, I could help somewhat in terms of basics.

• Like 1

Progress Report. Just gonna update on what I've done so far. The promotions I have so far are as follows:

United States:

WWE

TNA

Chaotic Wrestling

Chikara Pro

Combat Zone Wrestling

East Coast Wrestling Association

Florida Championship Wrestling

International Wrestling Association (Puerto Rico)

IWA Mid-South

Juggalo Championshit Wrestling

NWA Anarchy

Ohio Valley Wrestling

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla

Ring of Honor

Shimmer

Squared Circle Wrestling

World League Wrestling

World Wrestling Council

Canada: 

Stampede

Mexico:

CMLL

AAA

I will be adding All Pro Wrestling and Full Impact Pro before I'm done. I've also got a couple of promotions set up to come into existence when they do in real life, like C*4  and Smash in Canada, and I will probably do the same for other countries like Mexico, even if it means just setting up a couple of fictional companies to pop up at random. 

Currently, I'm working on rosters for All Star Wrestling and One Pro Wrestling. I'll probably finish those by Sunday night. I'm debating on putting Westside Xtreme Wrestling in the game as well, but its not really a big deal for me. I'm aiming to get 4 Japanese promotions in (AJPW, NJPW, NOAH, and Zero One), and I'll probably start those on Tuesday if I do everything else as quickly as planned.

I'm also putting work on making sure all the TV Networks and PPV carriers are as accurate as possible. Most of them don't need changes, but some networks merged with others and/or changed names, so I just want to cover that part, too.

If anybody has suggestions about what other promotions to include or something you would like to see, let me know. 

Side note: Being temporarily unemployed really gives you a lot of time to do mods <_<

Edited by ElTiburon

I don't know what other people's thoughts are on having more European and Australian promotions in databases, but I love using them..

So, I'm always researching and adding companies into IDOL's 2004 database (which I use more than any other, it seems) ... I have companies like German Stampede Wrestling, German Wrestling Federation, Westside Xtreme Wrestling (Germany) , Impact Pro Wrestling (New Zealand), New Age Wrestling (Australia) and a few more...

They're not completely finished, but I'm sure I could tweak most of what I have up to 2007 for you to import into this database if you like? Will bump up the amount of workers, titles, etc you have in the mod too, I guess...

EDIT: Fair play to you for getting so much done so quickly. Really looking forward to this, man :)

8 hours ago, ElTiburon said:

That seems pretty cool. I'm always down for adding more companies into the data. 

No worries, man.

I'll get to work on updating them through the week and get the data sent you, too. You can just import them into the database after.

I'd suggest adding IPW:UK, at the start point of this scenario they had merged with the closing FWA who were the best option for a developing promotion. 1PW should be a mess, they closed in early 2007 when the founder left due to money problems, only to to reopen a couple months later by some of the talent.

I'd also add Dragon Gate to the list of Japanese promotions, the late 2000's was a point they were getting some good exposure in the US, they frequently went to the US for PWG and ROH.

As for Europe and Australia, I'd recommend either ignoring the regions completly or at least add the biggest promotions for those areas. The latter is what I use in my database since it can be hard to find record and keep things upto date, if you are only doing one or two it makes things easier.

• Like 2