Tom Clancy's The Division

Benji

It's got a bit of shooting, it's got a bit of helping people for minor rewards, it's got a bit of base building and upgrading.

It's the Fallout of the universe that invented the transistor. I like it so far.

• Like 2

I didn't like the idea of the Dark Zone because it seemed like a trolling wonderland and a place where I could build up a ton of rage - but as I'm lead to believe, the dark zone isn't necessary to get certain gear, it's all attainable in the standard game - so that changed my mind a bit. I'll be hitting up the beta as soon as I can to confirm but it's a likely purchase for me.

Just entered the Dark Zone. I can see it being a camper's paradise at the entrances, but it's pretty fun and intense. If you kill another agent, you go 'rogue', then other players can kill you without penalty. If you die whilst rogue, you lose more XP, DZ funds and you can have items stolen.

One criticism. There doesn't seem to be any player melee combat options, which is a real drawback when an AI enemy pops up right next to you with a golf club.

1 hour ago, Gazz said:

Just entered the Dark Zone. I can see it being a camper's paradise at the entrances, but it's pretty fun and intense. If you kill another agent, you go 'rogue', then other players can kill you without penalty. If you die whilst rogue, you lose more XP, DZ funds and you can have items stolen.

The rogue system is another thing that's a bit off. You can shoot someone  by accident and not go rogue, but often times people found that others would shoot them the maximum number of times before going rogue and bait you into a firefight that made YOU turn rogue instead. That whole thing is going to be a very interesting meta game to balance.

I played in the closed beta(s?) and it seemed okay. I doubt I would get it unless I had people to play with, but even then I'm not sure if it would really be something I'd spend much time on.