Tom Clancy's The Division

Benji

Good start to the beta, Uplay won't let me sign in so I can't play.

Oh and for some reason language was in French rather than English that I never changed. I closed it and  reopened to make sure it wasn't just me going mad and after making 100% sure it was English selected it came up on the next screen with Spanish.

• Like 2

I'm on the fence about the game honestly.  I try to avoid multiplayer only games out of an extreme dislike of playing with random people, and $60 for a game I can't play alone if I want to is a huge ripoff

You can play alone, it's just a damn sight easier when there are four of you.

It's also got Jeff Jarrett in it somewhere, I'm guessing secret unlockable character...

Screenshot-Original.thumb.png.d55bdbb41d

:shifty:

• Like 5

On 2/18/2016 at 08:21, Benji said:

I think we can probably get a decent set of PS4ers on it. @9 to 5, @Jericode, @Rich, @Just Joe, @Avenged, @I'm A Walker, @Cymbols, @MDK, @Blehschmidt, @Lint, @Stevie B, @Katsuya and anyone else who is about to make me feel bad about not remembering them, you interested?

I'd love to!

I just started this. Listened to the guy telling me how to play the game in the intro video which was useless because he was talking in WASD and I am using a pad. Can't seem to change what name I want to use. Had to sit thru the boring intro on the chopper because you can't skip it and then as soon as I land I try to check the controls and they are all in WASD. Got told to go somewhere and felt like I was running forever then I quit to desktop.

And the dual monitors thing doesn't seem to work.

Fuck this game.

14 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

I'm liking it but not neaaaaaaarly enough to pay $60. This is a $30 game tops.

Well, to be honest there are but a few games i'd pay 60 bucks for nowadays.

The only one that comes to mind is Witcher 3, which was a breathtaking timesink that truly left me feeling sad for over a week when I finished it and realized that was it (until Hearts of Stone came out, and I lost even more hours!)

Apart from Witcher 3, the last time I spent full price on a video game was GTA5 for PS3 and Battlefield 3 in 2011.

On 2/20/2016 at 06:58, apsham said:

I think I'm just jaded with a lot of modern games. It's just another set of hallways, another set of walls to hide behind and the RPG elements just aren't enough to get me into it. It's well made and well designed but I just feel like I've played it a million times over.

Yeah, it just felt really standard, nothing too original in it, at all.  I won't be getting it for full price.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually picked this up yesterday on somewhat of a whim, and I had a blast for the little I was able to play last night. 

Got through what is basically the tutorial - the group mission at the police station was great. Found it quite tough as well, which was a pleasant surprise.

Don't know yet if it will hold my attention in the super long term, but definitely a lot of fun right now. Especially as I didn't really know much about it until yesterday.

Lany other EWB'ers playing?

I picked it up yesterday.  Haven't made it to the dark zone yet, jut pretty much a few things done in Manhattan (2nd Map).  Played the precinct siege in Brooklyn a few times, including on hard, and let me just say unloading almost a full clip into somebody's head while they run at you with a bat, and still nearly hit you can be a little frustrating, The more people you have the easier it is because the AI helping you blows.  While easier playing with friends, watching them collect the good loot while you get the shitty loot is pretty frustrating as well. 

Game was glitching a little last night.  There's an issue when you start and try to activate your player, you have to restart the game and try again.   Leaving Brooklyn had some issues with the door opening for nearly an hour. 

14 hours ago, TGWL said:

I picked it up yesterday.  Haven't made it to the dark zone yet, jut pretty much a few things done in Manhattan (2nd Map).  Played the precinct siege in Brooklyn a few times, including on hard, and let me just say unloading almost a full clip into somebody's head while they run at you with a bat, and still nearly hit you can be a little frustrating, The more people you have the easier it is because the AI helping you blows.  While easier playing with friends, watching them collect the good loot while you get the shitty loot is pretty frustrating as well. 

Game was glitching a little last night.  There's an issue when you start and try to activate your player, you have to restart the game and try again.   Leaving Brooklyn had some issues with the door opening for nearly an hour. 

Seen a few similar complaints on forums and on reddit. I think you just have to bear in mind that this game is very much an rpg first and a shooter second.

It would ne kind of a dull mmo if headshots were an instant kill. I think a lot of people (not saying you) were expecting more of a CoD/Gears of War type game, when really it's Destiny or Elder Scrolls Online with guns.