MLB The Show - General Discussion

Meacon Keaton

I picked this up over the weekend and am enjoying the Road to the Show mode so far.

One question though. Why must such a simple game such as baseball have so many statistics?? I don't understand half of what appears on the screen. :mellow:

I get the important stuff, ie, runs and strikeouts. Apart from that :huh:

Yeah, H is hits, IP is Innings Pitched, SO is Strikeouts, BB is walks, ERA is your Earned Run Average which means how many runs you average per 9 innings pitched. WHIP is walks and hits allowed per inning. Those are really the only ones you'll need to worry about if you're not a stat junkie like some of us.

• Like 1

Walks is when I throw 4 balls or hit the batter and the like, right? 

Think this clears up quite a bit, thanks for the assistance. 

Also, RBI? The only reason I'm familiar with it is because we used to have RBI Baseball on the Amiga 500.

I like the random errors that happen in the field as well, my catcher can be pretty damned useless at times. Fumbles a simple catch and then immediately misses his throw to first base. 

Correct, a walk is a hit batter or 4 balls. 

RBI is runs batted in. It's when a player's hit scores a runner; a single that scores a runner on third base, a home run, etc.

I can try and recreate my hitting guide. It's based on  07 but I have played all the more recent games, the biggest difference is that the timing windows have narrowed significantly with the new generation.

8 hours ago, SeanDMan said:

I can try and recreate my hitting guide. It's based on  07 but I have played all the more recent games, the biggest difference is that the timing windows have narrowed significantly with the new generation.

That'd be good. I think it's mostly just practice, previous games I've just given up and been a pitcher in RTTS.

38 minutes ago, Buscha Syndergaard said:

I've always just enjoyed using Dynamic difficulty because it adjusts the settings down a bit when I get to a prolonged period of sucking at hitting.

I really like the Dynamic difficulty this year. It's got me pitching at Hall Of Fame, and hitting at All-Star. Every game is challenging, but it's not frustrating unless I'm facing an ace or a guy with wonky pitching mechanics.

This game is giving me panic attacks. I'm not sure if it's healthy for me to play it any more. I won my wildcard game so I am facing the Dodgers. I went up 2-0 and sent it back to Wrigley. Well I just lost again to even the series at 2 and I literally feel sick. Not like man I am so mad I lost but like I am nauseated and I feel like I'm not breathing right. I thought playing every game was cool but it's put too much pressure on me now. I don't know if I could take losing

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

This game is giving me panic attacks. I'm not sure if it's healthy for me to play it any more. I won my wildcard game so I am facing the Dodgers. I went up 2-0 and sent it back to Wrigley. Well I just lost again to even the series at 2 and I literally feel sick. Not like man I am so mad I lost but like I am nauseated and I feel like I'm not breathing right. I thought playing every game was cool but it's put too much pressure on me now. I don't know if I could take losing

Srar, do you have any highlights from the season? Any fun comebacks? Silly moments? Anybody have a stupidly good season? 

I played every game of a season once as the Jays, lost the wildcard game to the A's. One thing I'll say that it was quite fun to eventually call someone up or make a trade and play with a better player. 

I just finished off the Dodgers. On to the Nationals in the NLCS! Jesus you guys I can't take this! I barely won that game.

@The Canadian Destroyer I'd say my highlights really were putting the team together through good trades and stuff. My Rotation is Strasburg, Harvey, Wacha, Scherzer, Old Man Johan Santana with Arrieta in the minors getting better. Something silly too was playing the Rockies and trading with them before game 1 and having to send Starlin Castro over. Then trading again after game 1 to get him back for game 3 :P 

• Like 2

On 4/29/2016 at 16:19, Little Red Srarvette said:

God I can't play this anymore :( 

Me too. I've suddenly forgotten how to hit, and I am giving up 2 or 3 home runs every game.