Fear The Walking Dead

Baddar

There's zombies, but they aren't as decayed. Someone does something stupid. Someone else kills a zombie in a graphic manner. There's poorly written drama in-between.

Whoops, forgot to spoiler tag it!
:shifty:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

Talk about FTWD in this thread, and not the one dedicated to The Walking Dead, because I'll get upset if this show gets spoiled for me before I can catch up. 

Thanks! 

Hang on, if we are talking about FTWD in this thread won't it get spoiled for you? 

• Like 1

Yeah, I have no emotional investment towards any character. At least in the Walking Dead itself, you immediately have reason to root for Rick. Don't get me wrong, the story isn't bad, I just don't give a shit about anyone and they can all die for all I care. 

6 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Yeah, I have no emotional investment towards any character. At least in the Walking Dead itself, you immediately have reason to root for Rick. Don't get me wrong, the story isn't bad, I just don't give a shit about anyone and they can all die for all I care. 

Oh, I care deeply for the Cliff Curtis in FTWD, I just don't know the name of his character. I almost stopped watching the first episode of this series because I thought he was going to cop it.  

1 minute ago, Ruki said:

I like the dad

Cliff goddamn Curtis

• Like 1

Not at all! Still enjoying it...I think it'll start to kick off once: a) they get off the boat for good b) We find out what Strand is actually up to.

As for the episode itself? I felt bad for the mother...and I liked the father for a bit...but him just giving up at the end there was kinda weird. Like, why repair the fence at all? And his poor sons...they should have gotten on the boat. Dumbass with a rifle...

Just now, Ruki said:

Not at all! Still enjoying it...I think it'll start to kick off once: a) they get off the boat for good b) We find out what Strand is actually up to.

As for the episode itself? I felt bad for the mother...and I liked the father for a bit...but him just giving up at the end there was kinda weird. Like, why repair the fence at all? And his poor sons...they should have gotten on the boat. Dumbass with a rifle...

I guess repairing the fence gives them something to do instead of slowly going crazy. And I really like Strand and the guy playing Strand, so far (unless he is up to something) he is the most sensible character. And I liked that the guy recognised Travis as being a Maui, he is always in films and he always plays every other ethnicity except his own.

6 minutes ago, MDK said:

I guess repairing the fence gives them something to do instead of slowly going crazy. And I really like Strand and the guy playing Strand, so far (unless he is up to something) he is the most sensible character. And I liked that the guy recognised Travis as being a Maui, he is always in films and he always plays every other ethnicity except his own.

Strand should become the main character of the show. Except he's probably going to turn out to be evil :(

But if that happens, at least we have Daniel! He's wonderful.

7 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Strand should become the main character of the show. Except he's probably going to turn out to be evil :(

But if that happens, at least we have Daniel! He's wonderful.

Yeah, I like Daniel a lot. It seems like the Zombie Apocalypse is just a a minor inconvenience to him, I really hope he survives.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally caught up .... I get why people aren't as hot on it, but I'm not minding it really.  Fresh relatively in comparison to the main show.  Only main gripe is there's already been a couple of instances of facepalming stupidity in regards to characters either making or NOT making a quick choice.

I doubt there are any spoilers in here but just to be safe. My thoughts while watching Episode 4 of Season 1.

Spoiler

I hired out the first disc of the first season from one of those Video Ezy machines on Monday because I had 2 free vouchers. I hired out the second disc today.

The disc starts off with Episode 4. So far I've noticed Madison be significantly less annoying in this episode, Chris has been a little less annoying, Travis hasn't yet redeemed himself from his bout of ZA stupidity in the previous episode and Daniel Salazar is the best character in the Walking Dead franchise pretty much.

Well here we go, the shine is starting to wear off these military types!

the-good-people-die.jpg

:wub: