Supergirl

Benji

Cause the other shows get their thread so why not her?

Just watched Bizarro and...

Spoiler

... I really hope they address the massive pothole of Kara using a Supergirl double to "prove" she isn't Supergirl in an earlier episode, only for a second Supergirl to turn up in this one. Surely Cat Grant is going to question that?

7 hours ago, Benkid Nada said:

Well, it wasn't the same person

Spoiler

But Cat Grant doesn't know that. For all she knows Bizarro is Kara's twin and they've both been playing Supergirl, and she turned on her and humanity just like Maxwell Lord has been saying.

Benji....

Why would the villain be Starro? In the original Superman story, the villain was Mongul. What I was disappointed with about it: No "Burn." (Pissed off, Superman says that before blasting Mongul with heat vision.)

With renewal still up in the air at CBS, talk of Supergirl moving to The CW is heating up. As happened with Constantine, the hefty license fees the network has been paying to Warner Bros. Television is at issue, according to a new report at TheWrap. A similar report appeared at revered industry trade Variety last week, albeit with a lot less in the way of specific details. Back in March, CBS President Les Moonves said that the network was so happy with its freshman crop of shows this season that the plan was to renew all of them. Shortly thereafter, CBS renewed 11 shows -- but none of those new shows were on the list. Supergirl, being the most expensive of the new shows and one that shed about half of its audience in the advertiser-friendly 18-35 demographic over the course of last season, has been watched closely by industry insiders who suspect that if there's a CBS rookie with a target on its back, it might be Supergirl. Instead, the report insists that CBS is trying to get a reduced license fee so that they can make a second season happen. Meanwhile, there's two weeks left to do it before both CBS and The CW have their upfront presentations and lock in their fall schedules on May 18 and 19, respectively. Fans have long clamored to bring Supergirl "home" to The CW, where the series could be more thoroughly integrated into the Arrowverse. With Arrow, The Flash, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow filming on the CW's Vancouver lot, it sounds good to the uninitiated, but in reality it would likely mean a reduced production budget, a move to Vancouver, and the potential loss of some of the show's Los Angeles perks. Even if Calista Flockhart were willing, for instance, to make the move to Vancouver, it seems likely National City would have to get a face lift.

It'll be a much better fit there, and more potential to crossover with The Flash

• 2 weeks later...

Loving this so far.

Ep. 1&2

Spoiler

Some stuff is a little cheesy or OTT, but it's all in good fun in a similar way to Flash I guess. I love the supporting characters; Alex, Winn, James etc are all really great. Agent Henshaw is cool too, a good balance (kinda reminds me of Diggle from Arrow a little) - what's with the eyes? 

Kara is kind of adorable when she is being Super. I love how much of a 'real person' she is compared to Superman.

Love the chemistry between some of the characters too, especially Winn and James. Also Kara crushing on James is the cutest thing. 

The weekly villains have been pretty cool so far, not sure how I feel about Astra and friends just yet - guess I'll wait to see what the whole big plan is.   

Supergirl works out its kinks pretty fast. I think by episode six "Red Faced" they found their groove. It still has a couple really bad episodes and is goofy as fuck at points (but that's a lot of the fun), but it becomes perfectly acceptable TV. Benoist crushes the role too, she absolutely makes the show, but David Harewood is great as Hank too.

• Like 2

I was going to comment on every episode but I watched so many in a row I don't know which is which.

Episode 15

Spoiler

Solitude. Good villain, plot moves along.Really happy that they resolved the anger between Hank and Kara, glad she's cool with Alex now the truth is out.

Theory time. Astra was actually Allura, or she was Astra but in fact Kara's mother. I looked up the character and it appears Astra was made up for the show - what purpose does her being a twin serve unless its something like that? Could have just been a regular sister. Hope I'm wrong though, because it'll end with Kara hating Alex :( 

Five episodes to find out what Myriad is and for Non to try it and for Lord to try something dastardly and for the good guys to stop them both. Unless something will be saved for the next season.

Also, Flash episode isn't far off so yay for that!

• Like 1

Episode 18

Spoiler

Very good, awesome seeing Barry. Surprised they went with 'multiverse' but I guess they didn't know the show was gonna end up on CW at this point, so it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

I almost wish Barry stayed, him and Kara as a pair is way more awesome than here and James.

Episode 19

Spoiler

Shit is going down! Great first half of the finale. 

Only thing that annoyed me was Indigo quoting Plutarch, I mean sure "she knows everything" but why would she give an Alexander the Great quote to a Kryptonian? Seems an odd choice, even if he was aware what she was referring to. Also there are literally no parallels between Non and Alexander the Great. This probably annoyed me more than it should have, but I've been reading on Alexander all day today (have an exam on the subject tomorrow) <_<

One other thing annoys me in this show (this is the last time I'll say something bad) and it's everytime Hank/MM has taken another form it does the whole "eyes glow red to let the viewer know it's him." Takes me right out of it because its obviously done just for the viewer, but it's always really obvious its him anyway.   

Superman Will Appear in Supergirl Season 2 Premiere

I haven't finished the first season but this has given me the push to finish it off. Well, that and having run out of other shows to watch but of the first 4 episodes I had seen, the constant references to her cousin and his shadowy presence annoyed the heck out of me so it's good they're giving him an actual face and presence.