Supergirl

Benji

• 2 weeks later...

while I'm pretty sure I haven't seen the episode that's being referred to in those two posts yet, I will say I'm down with Supergirl being political when they're not being really corny about it. Like, having Mon-El's mom say a "make _____ great again" line in one of the last episodes last season was extremely corny and thuddingly obvious where the earlier episodes in season two using aliens as a surrogate for the immigration debate in America was really good.

as for the two episodes from this season I've watched, the main takeaway is that Melissa Benoist is the best of the CW superhero leads by a mile (I don't think Legends really has a lead per se, but if you consider it to be Sara Lance then Caity Lotz is a very respectable second place). The way she's played Kara's mental state in the wake of the season 2 finale has been exceptional.

yeah, she had to cancel on a comic con here in Seattle last year because she got a part in a movie and I was bummed out but happy for her at the same time, because hey, maybe the movie's good!

And then the movie was probably Lowriders.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

Goddamn, this week's episode.

Reveal hidden contents

Ftfy

Katee Sackhoff?  Oh gods yea.  I've said for awhile now if they ever wanted to do the "Lady Thor" storyline in the MCU, she should be cast as the lead.  She's beautiful, she's pretty well built, and she's a great actress

On 11/5/2017 at 05:29, GoGo Yubari said:

while I'm pretty sure I haven't seen the episode that's being referred to in those two posts yet, I will say I'm down with Supergirl being political when they're not being really corny about it.

I have seen it now, and that was peak Supergirl being political and not being corny about it.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 17:42, GoGo Yubari said:

I have seen it now, and that was peak Supergirl being political and not being corny about it.

I like the satirical political edge the show has, seems appropriate for a character that's about 'Truth, Justice and the American Way...'

Not much in here about the most recent episode:

Spoiler

We had a reference to Clark's friend 'Chloe' and the episode, while being a bit of a 'bottle' episode, was reminiscent of the old SuperBoy TV show I thought.

Was a nice 'Smallville' reference anyway (guess that 'universe' could always be part of the DC Multiverse).

They probably wish they could'v changed that reference.  Few days before that episode aired, it came out the actress who played Chloe, Allison Mack, is part of a sex slavery cult

Oh God I am totally shipping LanVers

On 23/11/2017 at 01:25, Lint said:

They probably wish they could'v changed that reference.  Few days before that episode aired, it came out the actress who played Chloe, Allison Mack, is part of a sex slavery cult

Jesus, I just checked out what you were on about. That sounds mental. Apparently Kristin Kreuk (Lana) was/is also part of it :/