Summer Transfer Window Thread 2016

Lineker

38 minutes ago, Just Joe said:

Sitting here waiting for Sunderland to sign someone, anyone. Just sign a bag of crisps or whatever, I want something. 

I heard they might be making M'vila's loan permanent. So that's exciting for you.

19 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Tammy Abraham joins Bristol City on loan. It's his first time playing outside of Chelsea - and although he won't replicate the 74 goals in 98 games ratio he managed at the academy (or maybe he will :shifty:), hopefully it will go well for him.

you see any of him for the Under 19's this summer? He looked incredibly average. Solanke looked decent from your lot, though I thought Onomah looked head & shoulders above everyone else, which I'd basically put down to him having actually played Premier League minutes.

Any chance any of your English youth lot will be in the setup this year? 

1 minute ago, Colly said:

I heard they might be making M'vila's loan permanent. So that's exciting for you.

Apparently we've been haggling them down all Summer, I wish they'd just get it done. Great player, rumours of us getting Yedlin back too, anyone's better than Billy Jones and he made a lot of improvement under Allardyce toward the end. Need another left back to give competition for Van Aanholt as well, who was great at times but can switch off defensively at times. We're desperate for some players in most positions however it is good to have positive noises coming from the club about a number of youth players impressing management in training and being given a chance in preseason. 

1 minute ago, Just Joe said:

Apparently we've been haggling them down all Summer, I wish they'd just get it done. Great player, rumours of us getting Yedlin back too, anyone's better than Billy Jones and he made a lot of improvement under Allardyce toward the end. Need another left back to give competition for Van Aanholt as well, who was great at times but can switch off defensively at times. We're desperate for some players in most positions however it is good to have positive noises coming from the club about a number of youth players impressing management in training and being given a chance in preseason. 

He's been featuring in our preseason, and actually impressing to a degree, so I have no idea what will happen with him. I assumed he didn't have much future with us, but I heard he had a very good second half of the season. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him, because he's definitely more like-for-like with Walker than Trippier is. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

He's been featuring in our preseason, and actually impressing to a degree, so I have no idea what will happen with him. I assumed he didn't have much future with us, but I heard he had a very good second half of the season. It'll be interesting to see what happens with him, because he's definitely more like-for-like with Walker than Trippier is. 

He's been left out of the squad for the weekend hasn't he? Jumping to conclusions I know but we really need someone like him back. 

1 minute ago, Just Joe said:

He's been left out of the squad for the weekend hasn't he? Jumping to conclusions I know but we really need someone like him back. 

Oh shit, yeah he has. So has Chadli. 

The squad we're taking also has a bunch of youngsters in, so don't know how accurate a representation it is, unless we're planning a typically last minute selling / spending spree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noah said:

Hey @Mick you fancy signing for Sunderland?

As long as it's has a hefty guarantee'd signing bonus and I can quit anytime...sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

you see any of him for the Under 19's this summer? He looked incredibly average. Solanke looked decent from your lot, though I thought Onomah looked head & shoulders above everyone else, which I'd basically put down to him having actually played Premier League minutes.

Any chance any of your English youth lot will be in the setup this year? 

I'd be happy if he were another in that long, distinguished line of "players who are awesome for their clubs but utterly pointless for England". :shifty:

The two that look like they have a shot at the senior squad this year are Nathaniel Chalobah and Ola Aina. I bloody hope they do anyway because in pre-season Chalobah has probably looked the most convincing next to Kante in central midfield, while Aina started and played 90 minutes in most of the games. Although typical Chelsea would be to just say "lol" to all that and loan him even though we have only four other defenders who are playing at the moment.

10 hours ago, Just Joe said:

Sitting here waiting for Sunderland to sign someone, anyone. Just sign a bag of crisps or whatever, I want something. 

Well then, by those low standards, GOOD NEWS

Sunderland have just signed the man, the myth, the possibly-fictional Papy Djilobodji from Chelsea on a permanent transfer.

We shall all remember him fondly for those magical 60 seconds he played against Walsall.

• Like 1

Sunderland might have gotten a bargain there. If 60 seconds of play adds £4m to his transfer fee, after one full game they can sell him on for £368m plus injury time!

• Like 6

I would like Ayew to stay or for the club to at least get £30 million for him but if he's unsettled at a club that he always saw as a stepping stone then so be it. He might just join the list of ex-Swansea players who completely lose their form as soon as they leave. Borja Baston (if he joins) and Llorente are good replacements up top and we're covered for wingers.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

If Wayne Routledge can provide him with the service, anyway.

Talking of Swansea wide players, is Montero still knocking about? Came in with a lot of promise and looked lightning quick. 

He was dropped from the team at the start of the year for bad form and Guidolin not being too keen on his defensive work. But he had a good run of form at the end of the season, even if he does try too much when going past people and can run it out of play. I imagine Llorente will love some of the crosses he puts in. Also Mo Barrow will be the winger to look out for this season, could even surpass Montero's highs.