2016 College Football Thread

Maxx

With the overall issues the entire university has with this type of stuff and the fact that this isn't isolated .... they can't make him the scapegoat.  There are very serious issues running rampant and this is to make him go away and not help run them over the coals when it all plays out.

http://www.knoe.com/content/news/Charges-against-University-of-Alabama-football-players-dropped-383654561.html

"I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all in the air conditioning."

They broke the law but they play football outdoors while we sit indoors so 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2

The University of North Dakota has revealed their new "Fighting Hawks" logo

PI_NCAA_North_Dakota_logo.vadapt.664.hig

Baylor just lost 5 signees over the sexual assault allegations.  Parrish Cobb, J.P. Urquidez, Jared Atkinson, Kameron Martin, Donovan Duvernay and Patrick Hudson all requested to be released from their letters of intent 

• 3 weeks later...

So unsealed reports are coming out now showing that Joe Paterno probably knew of Jerry Sandusky's abuse of boys as far back as 1976.

Horrible.  I mean I don't know that the NCAA can do anything at this point given that the sick fuck Sandusky is in jail, Paterno is dead, and anybody who was in power at Penn State when the news first broke in 2011 got thrown out.

I guess they could go back and vacate every win he had to officially wipe him from history but I've never really seen much of a point in doing that.

1. Strip all of Paterno's wins from 1976 onward. And make Penn State pay back all the money it made from those wins. It bankrupts the school, so be it.

2. Take his bust, plaque or whatever out of the College Football Hall of Fame, set it on fire then piss on the remains.

Paterno should definitely be removed from the Hall of Fame, because if all this came out before he was inducted, he'd never have gotten in. He shouldn't get a free pass simply because it didn't. His career is tainted.

I can't get behind potentially bankrupting a university and leaving thousands of students who had nothing to do with this without a school not to mention all of the employees who would lose their jobs.  Everybody who was in charge in 2011 is gone.

I forgot about the College Hall of Fame though so yes, I definitely agree he needs to be removed from there.

Kicking his ass out of the hall of fame and vacating his wins would be the way I'd go. Obviously, it'll do nothing to help those poor children over the course of those 30 some years. But it would at least be something to show the NCAA won't stand up for those inhuman bastards.

• Like 2