WWE 2K17

Hellraiser

The roster used to be one of the things I cared about most in these games and I'd have to think this year's will be astounding when you consider the Styles, the Horsewomen, American Alpha, The Revival and others should all be in the main game with Nakamura and Aries likely being the main attractions for DLC.  But I'm not dropping $60 if the game is just going to end up sounding like a glorified roster update without much else changing.

As it is I didn't even play last year's game, only the second time in the history of the SmackDown series that I didn't eventually cave and pick up a copy.  I just didn't see enough in videos/reviews to warrant moving up from 2k15, which on it's own I barely ever played.

Lita, Trish, and Alundra Blayze were all DLC for 2k16. I can't imagine them not making it in this one considering people like Colonel Mustafa got carried over from 2k15 to 2k16. I hope they can keep expanding the roster without cutting people who made it in the previous game. 

• Like 1

I sunk so many ridiculously-tedious hours into 2K16 that really my main focus ought to be the game modes (esp. Career/Universe) and whether they get dramatically improved or are just the same old crap...

...But I know that all they need to do is say "We have the Horsewomen and (possibly) Nakamura" and I will be handing my money over like the foolish mark I am.

I was thinking about the next WWE game the other day, more specifically what would be its Showcase, condering we have had WrestleMania, the Attitude Era, those short storylines and Austin's career. I liked the career history of Austin and though if they could get Angle in the game then thetwo great options would be the career of either Brock Lesnar or John Cena, with me personally siding towards Lesnar.

11 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

I was thinking about the next WWE game the other day, more specifically what would be its Showcase, condering we have had WrestleMania, the Attitude Era, those short storylines and Austin's career. I liked the career history of Austin and though if they could get Angle in the game then thetwo great options would be the career of either Brock Lesnar or John Cena, with me personally siding towards Lesnar.

A career retrospective on the Road Dogg. 2K is trying to corner the lucrative @9 to 5 market.

Could it be centred around Goldberg if he is a pre-order bonus, though? I know he'll probably end up in most copies of the game anyway, but presumably as a redeemable code for people who buy the game new, and that would mean that second-hand buyers wouldn't be able to access Showcase Mode. The Rock is definitely a possibility, as are Cena, Triple H and The Undertaker. I'd really like to play a Sting Showcase Mode, but I imagine they'd be more likely to plump for a WWE-focused story.

I could see them making WCW a focal point of the showcase, like the Rise and Fall of WCW or something, although that would make for a very long, drawn out Showcase I'm sure, I think they will hold off on Taker until he's for sure wrestled his last match, or I would anyway, but I'm not a game creator either, Sting showcase would be fun, especially seeing the transformation from the colored face-painted Sting to the black and white Sting, to his brief run in WWE, etc.