WWE 2K17

Hellraiser

Xavier Woods:

I saw the New Day entrance and it’s funny because if you enjoy wrestling, you might remember a guy by the name of Trent Baretta. He texted me and goes “I’m sorry.” I go “for what?”. Turns out he was doing the [motion capture] for the game and did my entrance. “I watched it a hundred times and tried to do my best, but I can’t move like you so I hope you like it. I’m sorry”. I’m like, I’m sure you did fine, but then watched it and yep, that’s Trent [laughs]. That’s definitely Trent dancing.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Nerf said:

And you're telling me that a huge corporation can't afford to fly out a small team and equipment and rent a space?

It's not only that though, you have to factor in time constraints and scheduling. I doubt it's easy to get everyone on the roster in for motion capping when they work such a heavy touring schedule, and for many it just wouldn't be worth the effort anyway considering not everyone has a unique style of entrance or whatever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam said:

It's not only that though, you have to factor in time constraints and scheduling. I doubt it's easy to get everyone on the roster in for motion capping when they work such a heavy touring schedule, and for many it just wouldn't be worth the effort anyway considering not everyone has a unique style of entrance or whatever.

From what I understand, most wrestlers have hours to kill between arriving in cities and needing to be at the venue, usually filled by playing video games or going to the gym or whatever. There's no reason they can't set aside a few hours of that time once a year, and that's only if they're the type that have a vastly different entrance from one year to the next.

16 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Because why spend money on something that is going to produce zero extra sales?

Why bother doing anything that doesn't generate extra sales? The key there though is that it doesn't generate extra sales directly, but it contributes to an all-round better game that might convince people who were otherwise on the fence to fork out for it, or word of mouth to spread, or whatever.

• Like 2

I don't agree with it, I'm just pointing out the mindset of why they would never do it. It's the same reasoning why commentary is never improved upon, anyone who hates the commentary will probably still buy the game anyway and turn it off.

5 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I don't agree with it, I'm just pointing out the mindset of why they would never do it. It's the same reasoning why commentary is never improved upon, anyone who hates the commentary will probably still buy the game anyway and turn it off.

I don't understand that mindset at all. I work with different companies of all sizes every single day. Some I come across are successful in spite of them putting in the minimal effort required. Meanwhile, their competitor over there is punching well above their weight because they aren't afraid to try new things. It's just dumbfounding. Yes, you're doing well now, but that isn't to say you couldn't be doing even better. I feel like that applies here, too.

Well, whoever holds the WWE licence doesn't have any competition in the wrestling game market and a captive audience. 2K could put out the shittiest wrestling game ever and they'll still shift millions of units because they have the WWE branding.

Look at FIFA vs PES, pretty much everyone who has played both games agrees PES is the superior engine, yet FIFA always outsells PES because they have the licences and branding, EA could churn out the same game every year and still outsell Konami with minimal effort.

• Like 1

I don't really get the outrage. Setting up an area to motion cap and taking the time to do it isn't the simple "oh, just between your time arriving at the area" that people on the outside might expect. It's such an amazingly minor thing when you get into it - and then people will be saying "well why didn't them spend more time on ___" regardless of whether they did it or not so it's not really a win in any situation for those.

• Like 1

Didn't they have Kevin Owens and Finn Balor cap their own entrances last time around? 

I suppose for the NXt talent it would be a lot easier, but I don't see why it would be such a pain, as has pointed out for once a year.

I think if they did that plus the talent actually made an effort in the audio recordings, you would have a much better representation of the real thing.

Going back to the audio point, they took a soundbite of Rick Rude's entrance and it sounds so much better than the current roster members into's like Enzo. So why not do that?

I predict this years Road Dogg will be as bad as his WWF Attitude version.

7 minutes ago, BuddyAwesome said:

I normally watch someone's entrance once and then skip them every other time I am about to see it. It literally doesn't affect me at all so it's crazy to me that the entrances legitimately bother so many people. It makes no affect on the gameplay itself whatsoever.

I'm one of the people that watches the entrances every time to "get hype."