FiFa 17

METALMAN

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Only thing I'm finding particularly frustrating is that when you set someone to Target Man, to take advantage of strength / hold up play, they don't seem to (or don't seem to for me) make runs into the box to get on the end of crosses. Like, that's the main job of a Target Man surely :shifty:

I find setting someone to Target Man makes them play deeper. One that stands out is I made a run down the wing, got to the byline and there wasn't anyone in the box, my target man, Mario Gomez was nearer the centre circle than the penalty area and was behind my CDM. I watched a replay and he was actively jogging backwards away from goal as I was moving forwards.

I've got something else to moan about. There were so many things yesterday that this went unmentioned when really, it's a big issue with the game.

Injuries. I know they will happen a bit more frequently in UT to make use of the injury cards. But I've played 11 matches, had at least that amount of injuries, and 90% are arm/elbow injuries. It's fucking stupid. How many times a season does a player go off because of an arm or elbow injury? I'd understand the amount of injuries occuring if my players were knackered but they happen for the sake of it. I joked the other day about less arm injuries in Madden than FIFA and it's still the fucking case.

Also, I feel like the penalty/corner systems have been changed just because, and they haven't been made better, necessarily. I will admit that the movement going on in the box on a corner is far better now, as opposed to everyone just standing there.

I stand by my previous statement that corners (and indirect free kicks) are significantly better on the new system and actually take the attributes of the corner taker into account a lot more.

However I will flip-flop that penalties without the arrow assistance is pure garbage and nigh on impossible.

4 hours ago, Baddar said:

Also, I feel like the penalty/corner systems have been changed just because, and they haven't been made better, necessarily. I will admit that the movement going on in the box on a corner is far better now, as opposed to everyone just standing there.

Penalties I absolutely agree with, bit corners are waaaaaay better now. Much easier to co-ordinate placing.

• Like 1

The set pieces are better (not penaltied) but a problem I keep having is I will aim a corner somewhere, nail it perfectly and just as the guy I'm controlling goes to head it on goal another one of my own players, controlled by the AI, stands in front of him and heads it in any old direction. Really stupid.

I'm starting to think this game is impossible to play as "lesser" teams. If I keep running into the same problems with the Prem clubs I might just trade it in. At this point I largely prefer 16.

I'm so abysmal at this game, 0-2-3 after 5 games in division 10 and both draws were against 10 men.

Shit like this doesn't help though...

43 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Figured I'd give the demo and try - I swear pressing L1 when in possession triggers a player's run again. Did they bring it back in? It's not listed in the controls but I swear it seems to work every time I try it.

Don't think it's been out tbh. Worked for me last year. L1 sends a player on a run, and holding L1 whilst pressing X sends the guy you passed with on a run, like in PES.

I seemed to have turned a corner last night, through a combination of discovering that you can flick right stick to choose which player you want to control so I can switch to my CDM's when being counter attacked and make them sprint back, switching to the 4-2-3-1(2) formation so I've got two CDM's protecting the defence and buying Bender and Luis Gustavo to play there. I found that most of the goals I was conceding were either because when my opponent broke forward, they were instantly attacking my back line, even when I was playing on defensive or more, so they'd either dribble through, play a one-two or shoot long range from the pocket of space in front of my penalty area. Changing to a two CDM formation has shut down this area and I've kept three clean sheets on the bounce.

I've also improved on finishing somewhat...

Fuck you Kasabian.

Made so many coins this morning.

I figured with the Sterling SBC ending we'd be getting a new player of the month one and Son Heung-min was the favourite so I went through the transfer market and bought up a load of Korean silver players for 400-800 coins.

EA put up a SBC just an hour later for him and prices went insane. I sold the cheapest for around 2.5k and some for 9,000 coins! Made enough to buy Di Maria and Thiago Silva for my weeekend league team and still have 30k left over.

Well judged, if I'd known we were getting a knew one I'd have done the same.

I've finished off the hybrid leagues one though for the exclusive kit and an extra 10k, so I'm sitting alright at about 32k now.

Now I just have to decide whether to invest it wisely or buy a shit ton of Korean players to get the Son Heung-Min card because I really need a decent LM for my Prem team :P

I did the same, bought 12 Koreans for 350 or less, some silvers sold for 10k BIN prices. Made about 60k in all. Only wish I'd bought more. Reinvested the money made in Lahm and Leno for my Bundesliga squad.

I have to disagree about the SBCs, for me at least they've been a complete waste of time and coins. I put a load of effort and resources into getting one of the squads completed and got a Mario Gotze as reward in one of my packs, but I don't play with a CAM and I don't have a Bundesliga team, so I have no use for it. Except all SBC rewards are seemingly untradeable, so I have a 10k player sitting in my club doing nothing instead of funding what I actually want and everything I put into the squad has been lost.

That and trying to actually complete any limited squad these days is impossible for anyone but the already richest players.