FiFa 17

METALMAN

Correctly guessed two out of the four marquee matchups SBC challenges so all those Genoa, Sampdoria, Ajax and Feyenoord players I bought for 350 coins earlier this week have netted me about a 135k profit.

So, fairly new to Ultimate Team but I've been playing a lot this week. Got myself a basic Premier League team together, which I can only really improve now buy spending 10k+ on individual players. I've bought a few gold packs so far, including one of the premium ones, but haven't really gotten much to shout about.

Back on around 15k coins now - are packs worth it, or is it better just to keep saving them up from matches played?

Edited by Whisper

Packs are very rarely worth it, but you're better off buying packs now whilst players are still worth something, as opposed to a couple of months down the line when a lot of the valuations for players come down drastically, meaning you need to pack a top/team of the week player to make it worth it. You'll find playing through UT seasons will build your coins quickly and you should be able to improve your squad in no time. It's worth buying the coin boosters through the EA catalogue as well as they help early on. 

Packs are worth it in the first two to three months when everyone is trying to build their teams. If you're lucky or just really into trading you can make a lot of coins really quickly. I didn't think 83-84 rated players would go for much due to how low they got at the end of the last Fifa, but some of them are still going for really high amounts.

Played quite a lot this week and I've really gotten into Ultimate Team for the first time ever. My only issue with it is a lot of the games, my opponents aren't even playing football - just trying to spam any minor exploits they can.

Made it to division 5 on seasons and lost in the final of the Weekend league qualifiers. Despite my limited experience, I'm already fed up of the following;

• Opponents playing 433, with as many plus 85 pace players as possible (with SBC Sterling, Sony and Barry for good measure).
  • Opponent never passing backwards. Ever. And taking no more than one touch until they get it to a player they can dribble with.
  • 'Park The Bus' from kick off.
  • The angry 'you just scored against me, so now I'm going to try and dribble straight from kick off' routine. Even worse that it has worked on occasion. 
  • Players sprinting, out of possession, with their front three for 90 minutes, yet they still have the energy to get on to their 100th hopeful through ball in stoppage time.
  • Still the usual FIFA bullshit of inexplicable goalkeeping errors leading to a late equaliser for the team that has been absolutely dominated (had this happen both for and against me). Bonus annoyance if it's also the team's first shot at goal.
  • Christian Benteke. Got him in a pack yesterday and replaced my all time top scorer, Solomon Rondon, since every one of Benteke's stats are better. Went on to miss two open goals on his debut, in a 1-0 defeat.

All that said, it's incredibly addictive. Hopefully going to have another crack at qualifying for the weekend league tonight.

Edited by Whisper

On 25/10/2016 at 14:08, Gazz said:

I've gone Villa/Birmingham, Dortmund/Schalke, CSKA/Spartak and Kaizer Chiefs/Orlando Pirates this week.

4 out of 4. (H)

I'm assuming that was a fuck up on the buyer's part. Prices aren't as high as I was expecting but I've still made over 100k profit so far.

• Like 1

This game is a cunt and it's full of shit houses who will park the bus for 120 minutes to win on pens or just smash it up the field to some quick fucker on the wing. 

Fuck this game. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

This game is a cunt and it's full of shit houses who will park the bus for 120 minutes to win on pens or just smash it up the field to some quick fucker on the wing. 

Fuck this game. 

Online is horrible this year, but I'm actually having fun with offline for the first time since like FIFA 14, so I don't miss online too much.

My main gripe with online is, as always, it never seems completely fair. You won't get two goalkeepers having a great game. You can hammer the opponent for 85mins and be almost certain that the first tame effort on goal your end is winding up in the net.

There are times this works in your favour, of course, but when I'm dominating most games in terms of possession and chances, it's me being fucked over most.

10 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Online is great this year. Now I've built a team I like and not trying to play the pace abuse game, I'm doing well for once. Kroos, Ganso and Aduriz are an amazing front three.

I've found the trend of FIFA bullshit getting worse each year has continued, but it doesn't seem to be such a huge problem offline. Maybe it's confirmation bias, but I usually prefer online gameplay to offline, and it's the other way around this year.

57 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Missed out on the weekend league this week, lost on pens in the semis yesterday in a game I should have wrapped up inside the 90 :(

Change semis to final and repeat it 3 times and that was what happened to me....the 4th attempt I had I got countered and lost 2-0 in the semis from 2 shots against my 16. 

• Like 1

My FUT Champions qualifying experience is basically 'Get whupped by Musa/Rashford/Benteke/Lukaku'.

Delete as applicable.

I'm getting sort of bored of FUT online as you're basically always playing the same squads in the same formations. At least this week when they did the 'Max Silver' tournament it was somewhat interesting as you got to play different teams.