FiFa 17

METALMAN

10 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

My god, this all year long.

It was just stupid enough to be entertaining. The main thing I want from FIFA is a realism mode. Oh and more variation in FUT, like different rare players. Not every Vardy is a rare etc. 

1 hour ago, MDK said:

It was just stupid enough to be entertaining. The main thing I want from FIFA is a realism mode. Oh and more variation in FUT, like different rare players. Not every Vardy is a rare etc. 

I want packs to be worth it again, mainly. This year has been pisspoor.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all for more leagues/teams. The PL licensing has set the bar now though. Having all J League teams but only one with a stadium while the rest play at Ivy Lane or Molton Road will take away from the experience. 

Pretty certain they still have full La Liga rights too, but only opt to include a handful of stadiums from the league. 

The lack of international teams annoys me...especially when it comes to the better national teams. There was no bloody Croatia on the last FIFA. 

If they added stadium packs as DLC, I'd buy them. No real excuse for more not being in, in the first place, mind. The vast majority of stadiums have been in for a good few years now, and even with the graphical improvements, I doubt they need to start from scratch each year.

5 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

The lack of international teams annoys me...especially when it comes to the better national teams. There was no bloody Croatia on the last FIFA. 

I was looking into this a couple of weeks ago when I noticed they weren't in, apparently the Croatian FA (led by Davor Suker) were holding EA up for as much money as they could get for their licence, so EA gave up on them and they signed an exclusive deal with PES instead.

As for why India and China are in but Ukriane and Slovakia aren't, I'd imagine it's 99% to do with regions with the most people/sales to target.

Just now, metalman said:

RtWC 98 did, right?

I think that is the one. It's also the one where I scored a header from the halfway line and my mate refused to play it again after that. 

WOO HOO, WHEN I FEEL HEAVY METAL

RTWC98 was so fantastic, but from that point onwards they ignored international football almost entirely, I guess to make people buy the standalone games.

My all-time favourite EA related international thing was the Euro 2012 DLC where you started with 1 chosen player and a team of the absolute lowest players, played every country and won a random player to add to your team if you won the match. The only downfall was getting Ashley Cole when I beat England and refusing to play him despite having a 54 rated Finnish left back at that time.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Velociraptor King Ellis said:

Think the recent World Cup games are the same since you could go right through qualifying as like Outer Mongolia and try to win the cup itself.

Winning the World Cup with the Solomon Islands in WC2006 was my jam, curling the winning free kick right into the corner.