Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

Sky Sports News understands former Olympiakos boss Marco Silva is the leading contender to replace Mike Phelan.

Interesting appointment if true. He won the Greek league with Olympiakos but that's like winning the Scottish league with Celtic. Everyone does it.

Pep is having a breakdown.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/03/pep-guardiola-manchester-city-manager-football-interview?CMP=twt_gu

That’s part of my job. All the managers in the world are here to win games. Of course when we win I am so happy, I am so satisfied and I drink a good glass of wine and enjoy that. But what I like is to imagine the next step can be better. If not, I will not be here. And the moment I feel in that process, I will feel it is the end of my career. I will not be a trainer at 60 or 65. No, no, no. Manchester City is three years or maybe longer but I am still approaching the end of my career as a manager. I’m pretty sure of that. If you’re looking for me, I am on the golf course. I will be there. It’s not raining any more, it’s not windy any more.

The game itself, the 90 minutes, where you prepare the tactics and the training sessions. That is the reason I’m here. When I finish my career as a coach I will disappear. You won’t find me again in your life. On the golf course but … I like the game. I think all the managers are like that. Football is a beautiful game.

Maybe he has blagged his way into football but always wanted to play golf at a PGA level. 

Well if Costa's going to fluff chances that badly then we could be in for a long night...

Oh FFS. I was just about to come in here and say "well it's not as bad as the first half against City was...", only for us to then concede a stupid added time goal just like we did against City. <_< 

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

I haven't seen much of Chelsea this season but I'm struggling to see how they're god knows how many points clear on this performance

ugh, thanks for jinxing it. 

cracking header, scared with Alli on a yellow for something so stupid, he ain't exactly hard to wind up. 

We've been sloppy all over the pitch tonight. When even Kante is regularly giving the ball away, things are just not going right.

Jesus Christ, playing it dangerous at the back too. I see that Luiz has been allowed to go wandering up to the halfway line even when Cahill and Azpi are much deeper.

Wow, deja vu.