Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/27/harry-winks-spurs-tottenham

Winks’s breakthrough came in the Premier League game against West Ham United on 19 November. Thrust into the starting lineup, he scored the equaliser for 1-1 and more than justified Pochettino’s faith in him as Tottenham won 3-2. He ran over to celebrate with the manager following his goal, which illustrated the bond between the two and Pochettino would reveal that Winks said thank you to him in his office after the game.

The manager called me in,” Winks says. “I was just about to get into the shower and I had my towel on. He was there with all the coaches and they were having a glass of wine. He said: ‘Well done,’ and he gave me a cuddle. He understood how difficult the season before had been for me, travelling and not playing, and he said that. I just said: ‘Thank you very much for the opportunity, for progressing me to the first team.’ That goal was like a thank you. It’s why I ran to him after it.”

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like 2

Not great, really. We've only tested their keeper once and maybe Sunderland have even been the better side. Obvs a little biased, but think Rodwell should've been sent off, and losing Rose, who has potentially been our best player this season, is a blow. But yeah, still optimistic we'll sort it out, even if we've not got the greatest bench of all time. Sunderland are making it scrappy & trying to hit us on the counter, which is exactly what they should be doing. We'll see where it goes from here, Dembele has been fantastic, everyone else a little sub par.