Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

Jose just said he's looking to make 4 signings initially. He pretty much confirmed Mkhitaryan despite the fact it hasn't been announced yet. He asked somebody if the 3rd signing was confirmed yet, they said no, and he went along and said they'd made 3 anyway. With Bailly and Ibra too, you'd think the 4th would be a holding midfielder. He says that signing will be made before 31st August as he's not going to wait that long. 

He's also had a dig at Wenger already, because of course he has.

Nothing on Mata yet but you would think somebody will ask him about it.

Jose has just said he's brought 49 players through academies and offered a list of the players for anybody that wants them. Touchy subject.

He just said Giggs wanted to be manager, and that's why he left, saying he's welcome back any time. 

He was asked where he sees Rooney playing next season, and he says he won't be playing in midfield, even if he's not a striker. So #10, basically. He will "never be a #6 under me, 50 metres from goal".

• Like 1

Mourinho is so obsessed with Wenger. 

Surprised he hasn't got a cob on already yet...I give it two weeks into the season and he'll start moaning about something petty and revert back to being an annoying tit. 

I'm certain now that the only reason Mourinho constantly has a dig at Wenger is that he hasn't been validated by Wenger yet and feels the need to criticise him. 

I can't think of any other reason he would be so obsessed. It's just crazy to me why he insists upon it so often.

Eh, decent press conference I thought. Nothing ground breaking.  Obvious dig at Wenger aside - his point is a valid one. The line of thinking that says he has something to prove is hilarious given his track record.

In terms of bringing youngsters through because of injuries, he's spot on as well. That's the only reason we did it last season, not out of some great ideal or responsibility of having to bring players through.

I'm obviously pretty biased but listening to him speak actually does excite me for the season ahead.  Outright saying "I want to win everything" is a hundred times better to hear as a fan than what we've had recently. 

Jose's very well spoken and does kind of pull you in when he's in charge of, and talking about, your club. I just hope he continues to be well spoken through the season instead of getting embroiled in stupid moans and arguments. I'm sure he'll have his moments - and I don't mind the odd dig at a manager/club here and there  - but hoping it's kept to a minimum. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Executive Kaney said:

Go on then, what did Jose say about Wenger?

Mourinho was asked if he felt like he had something to prove this season - he pointed out that just over a year ago, he won the league, and some managers haven't won it in ten years/ever. So if anything, they should have something to prove, not him. 

I'm with Whisper. It was a good press conference and there was plenty that you would want to hear as a fan, but I hope to god that his actions with media/other managers/the physio don't make people turn on him within the first few months.

11 minutes ago, Executive Kaney said:

Go on then, what did Jose say about Wenger?

He said that no other manager has managed to take a team that won the PL to mid table mediocrity 

United's first six league games televised. About time we got some TV games tbf.

AFC Bournemouth v Manchester United (Live on Sky Sports)
Sunday 14 August, 13:30 BST 

Manchester United v Southampton (Live on Sky Sports)
Friday 19 August, 20:00 BST 

Hull City v Manchester United (Live on BT Sport)
Saturday 27 August, 17:30 BST 

Manchester United v Manchester City (Live on Sky Sports)
Saturday 10 September, 12:30 BST 

Watford v Manchester United (Live on BT Sport)
Sunday 18 September, 12:00 BST 

Manchester United v Leicester City (Live on Sky Sports)
Saturday 24 September, 12:30 BST

:shifty:

Chelsea v Liverpool in September has been selected for a Friday night KO, presumably just to be a dick to Liverpool fans.

And our opening game at home to West Ham is now on the Monday, presumably delaying the start of Chelsea's season as long as possible just to be a dick to me. :shifty: 

1 minute ago, stokeriño said:

Chelsea v Liverpool in September has been selected for a Friday night KO, presumably just to be a dick to Liverpool fans.

And our opening game at home to West Ham is now on the Monday, presumably delaying the start of Chelsea's season as long as possible just to be a dick to me. :shifty: 

Not much faith in Conte, huh

33 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Jurgen Klopp has signed a contract extension until 2022.

So, if Liverpool under perform and finish 7th this season, he'll get a massive payout? Seems like a win-win for Klopp.

This is assuming they would sack him but no European football two years running would be a disaster. Unless you got a backdoor into the Europa?

26 minutes ago, Baddar said:

So, if Liverpool under perform and finish 7th this season, he'll get a massive payout? Seems like a win-win for Klopp.

This is assuming they would sack him but no European football two years running would be a disaster. Unless you got a backdoor into the Europa?

He is entering Eurovision