Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

Us and poor set piece defending go hand in hand.

I can't remember the last time we were good at it...Maybe 10 years ago? 

4 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Us and poor set piece defending go hand in hand.

I can't remember the last time we were good at it...Maybe 10 years ago? 

Something to do with Saami Hypia and Stéphane Henchoz, maybe >_>

• Like 2

There is no excuse for Klopp when it comes to how atrocious our set piece defending is. He's had a year to focus on it, and still no progress. This attacking football is fun and all, but as we learned from 13/14, you still need a defense to win the title.

• Like 1

Just now, GLORIOUS Szumi said:

There is no excuse for Klopp when it comes to how atrocious our set piece defending is. He's had a year to focus on it, and still no progress. This attacking football is fun and all, but as we learned from 13/14, you still need a defense to win the title.

He's clearly a busy man and doesn't have time to slip it into his match preparation 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, GLORIOUS Szumi said:

tbh, the same was being said under Rafa about Liverpool and set pieces.

I feel like Liverpool can get something out of this. I hope Sturridge scores just because the Swansea fans are already fuming at him.

Also, I noticed the Swansea fans doing that Iceland clap thingy for Sigursson's free kick. It was silly because it looked like there was about 14 people doing it.

5 minutes ago, MDK said:

He dived, I'm sot surprised they are fuming.

They were fuming on him the moment he came on tbf. 

BOBBY FIRMINO!!!! :wub:

Perfectly cheery Nerf. Just pointing out my observation. Karius hasn't been impressive for me since debuting, but he hasn't had much to do, in fairness. Just because we win doesn't mean the need for critique goes out the window. We're playing very, very well in some aspects, but there's still room for improvement.

3 minutes ago, GLORIOUS Szumi said:

Perfectly cheery Nerf. Just pointing out my observation. Karius hasn't been impressive for me since debuting, but he hasn't had much to do, in fairness. Just because we win doesn't mean the need for critique goes out the window. We're playing very, very well in some aspects, but there's still room for improvement.

He's played, what? 3 games. Give him time. Not every new signing is going to be fantastic right out the gate.  

• Like 1