Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

3 hours ago, MDK said:

I was poncing about YouTube for a while and come across that goal from Giggsy. Its a work of art. I mean like renaissance art. Nothing flashy, just beats his man with dribbling and that is it No fancy Ronaldo chops, no fancy wanky dribbling bollocks, just quick feet, beating defenders (sometimes twice) and smashing it near corner.

It's so good and something I think is missing from the game today. A pacy winger with great ball control and end product. Everyone's too busy trying to be Ronaldo or Messi that the simple things like that are largely gone - or at least in most of the football I watch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colly said:

It's because you lot all moaned and said it was shit when Ben Arfa did it against Bolton.

The original turn in the centre circle was great, but he beat one player in total. Others either backed off or fell on their arse. Still a very good goal though.

Plus, Van Nistelrooy scored something similar against Fulham and it's one of my favourite goals ever so I'm a bit biased there.

4 hours ago, Baddar said:

The original turn in the centre circle was great, but he beat one player in total. Others either backed off or fell on their arse. Still a very good goal though.

That's entirely my point though, he did one trick to start but then just outstripped another before playing the best touch of the run to see him past the two centre halves and give him enough space for the finish. He's gone past 4 players without a single step over, and while I'll accept Bolton were shite and ended up relegated that's exactly the kind of direct run Mad Jack is talking about.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Colly said:

That's entirely my point though, he did one trick to start but then just outstripped another before playing the best touch of the run to see him past the two centre halves and give him enough space for the finish. He's gone past 4 players without a single step over, and while I'll accept Bolton were shite and ended up relegated that's exactly the kind of direct run Mad Jack is talking about.

No, its the direct run that I was talking about :@

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Albert's chip was the best goal ever scored. End of discussion.

This is true. Nothing will ever beat that goal. The big Belgian looks up and thinks to himself "Our people invented chips because the rivers ran out of fish so we decided to use potato instead, I might just have a little crack at this" and dinks a wonderful lob over Schmeichel.

• Like 1

I don't want to seem petty of vindictive, but there is something immensely satisfying about watching Crystal Palace be absolute garbage.

• Like 2