Sky Bet EFL 2016/17

Lineker

1 hour ago, MDK said:

How bad was it? :<

I'm not going to lie mate, your team is pretty naff. But not more naff than many teams I've seen this season, it really is a poor league.

For perspective, going in 1-1 at the break - you had had one shot the whole game, a 35-yard wonder goal of a free kick. We had had 10 shots, scored once and hit the bar three times.

We thoroughly deserved the win, probably could have had four penalties (had to settle for the two) in the second half, and dominated possession and chances entirely. McCallum squandered an easy header in the second half and Simpson but one over the bar after that, but otherwise you didn't get near. We passed it superbly, battled well and were good value for the win.

If we beat Stevenage next weekend we go top of the table, which would be a great achievement at this stage in the season considering the injuries we've had, and how bad our defence has been at times.

6 minutes ago, Adam said:

I'm not going to lie mate, your team is pretty naff. But not more naff than many teams I've seen this season, it really is a poor league.

For perspective, going in 1-1 at the break - you had had one shot the whole game, a 35-yard wonder goal of a free kick. We had had 10 shots, scored once and hit the bar three times.

We thoroughly deserved the win, probably could have had four penalties (had to settle for the two) in the second half, and dominated possession and chances entirely. McCallum squandered an easy header in the second half and Simpson but one over the bar after that, but otherwise you didn't get near. We passed it superbly, battled well and were good value for the win.

If we beat Stevenage next weekend we go top of the table, which would be a great achievement at this stage in the season considering the injuries we've had, and how bad our defence has been at times.

Oh god, we are going to be a non league team next season

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

I mean, we are the league's top scoring team and 3rd in the table to be fair...but yes, a tasty derby with Braintree is looking a prospect right now.

Jesus fuck. Don't say things like that.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Colly said:

Just to note that my start of the season league winners lucky 15 is Chelsea, Newcastle, Scunthorpe and Doncaster, so if you could win that game in hand I might be frantically looking for a cash out...

Change Scunthorpe to Sheffield United and you've got the fourfold of league winners I made at the start of the season. 

On 26/11/2016 at 21:09, Davidmarrio said:

Change Scunthorpe to Sheffield United and you've got the fourfold of league winners I made at the start of the season. 

On 26/11/2016 at 20:15, Colly said:

Just to note that my start of the season league winners lucky 15 is Chelsea, Newcastle, Scunthorpe and Doncaster, so if you could win that game in hand I might be frantically looking for a cash out...

City, Newcastle, Bolton and Donny for me. This is the first time ever that all have looked possible after October

WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR DEFENDING?

Darren Ferguson must not do any defensive training, he has been a proponent of "we'll score more than you" for bloody years. 3-0 up at the break today yet it ends with us clinging on for a 4-3 win!?

Oh well, who cares - we're top of the league!

• Admin

The Leeds United owner, Massimo Cellino, has been banned for 18 months – effective from 1 February 2017 – for breaking the Football Association’s agent regulations, the governing body has announced.

Cellino’s suspension prevents him from being a director or shadow director of any club, while he and Leeds have each been fined £250,000.

Cellino is also to attend and complete an education programme covering “the duties and responsibilities of an owner and director of an English football club”, while agent Derek Day has been fined £75,000.

The sanctions relate to the transfer of Ross McCormack from Leeds to Fulham in 2014. Leeds, Cellino and Day were charged by the FA in May over the July 2014 deal that saw Scotland striker McCormack join Fulham for around £11m.

On Wednesday Leeds released a statement from Cellino in which he expressed surprise at reports he and the club were set to be hit with the suspension and fines, adding: “I am not guilty and I will take the right steps to defend myself through the tribunal.

“I feel that I am guilty of one thing, protecting Leeds United since I took charge of the club.

“I ask the players, manager and my staff to continue to work with loyalty and professionalism and to keep fighting for the club everyday on and off the pitch.

“I am sure that the public in this country and the free press will take the time to look into this case and find the truth.”

Cellino has divided the Elland Road fanbase during his two-and-a-half-year tenure with the sacking of six coaches and a number of off-the-field incidents.

The 60-year-old Italian was suspended by the Football League in 2014 after being found guilty of tax evasion in his homeland and this year had another ban overturned.

Cellino’s company Eleonora Sport took full control of Leeds in September but there has been growing speculation over his future at the club in recent months.

Italian businessman Andrea Radrizzani last week confirmed his interest in a 50% share of Leeds with a view to buying the Sky Bet Championship club outright next summer.

The co-founder of media rights group MP & Silva claimed he was in “advanced negotiations” with Cellino.