Sky Bet EFL 2016/17

Lineker

Eh, let's see how the first season goes. One thing I do like is the bonus point for teams winning on pens - it's like the ice hockey points system!

That bonus point thing is undoubtedly one of the worst rules they've come up with. I honestly hope nobody attends these matches and they scrap the whole thing after one year, it's terrible and it seems clear to be a way for them to open the door to bringing B Teams into the football league through this awful 'League 3' idea.

On 22/06/2016 at 11:19, Adam said:

I'm pretty happy with our fixture list. Accrington away on the opening day will be a good one to go to, Morecambe, Blackpool and Grimsby are all at reasonable times of the year, and on Saturdays, to go to the seaside and combine it with the football, and our 'local' derbies with Notts County and Mansfield are both over christmas.

@GA! it's Grimsby v Rovers on April 1st, and Rovers v Grimsby on December 17th. If you're at either game let me know!

Likewise @MDK, Orient come to Donny on November 26th. Reverse fixture is March 18th but I doubt I'll be going to that one.

And you don't fucking tag me?!

How fucking rude.

GTFC-Logo.png

GTFC-Logo.png

GTFC-Logo.png

GTFC-Logo.png

GTFC-Logo.png

• Like 1

What is the point? Why not just throw the U21's into the FA Cup. It'll really fuck up the clubs that have an injury crisis and have kids that are cup tied. 

1 minute ago, MDK said:

What is the point? Why not just throw the U21's into the FA Cup. It'll really fuck up the clubs that have an injury crisis and have kids that are cup tied. 

Because the competition is pointless anyway so why not let us play Man Utd U21's Once a season? <_< 

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Because the competition is pointless anyway so why not let us play Man Utd U21's Once a season? <_< 

Oh right, now you care about it since you are a league club. See you on the 20th of August, sunshine :@

1 minute ago, MDK said:

Oh right, now you care about it since you are a league club. See you on the 20th of August, sunshine :@

I just said I don't care about it...

lern 2 reed

3-0 mate, 3-0. We'll send your lot back home knowing that not only did they get beat by the best club in East London, but we also do the best fish n' chips. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MDK said:

3-0 mate, 3-0. We'll send your lot back home knowing that not only did they get beat by the best club in East London, but we also do the best fish n' chips. 

I believed you up until there...

It's demonstrably not true.  I don't think your statement stacks up.

I hope you enjoy your 17/18 season in the Vanarama League

• Like 1

Just now, Rich said:

I believed you up until there...

It's demonstrably not true.  I don't think your statement stacks up.

I hope you enjoy your 17/18 season in the Vanarama League

Fine, fine, we do the best Lahmacun, but only because nobody else does it apart from North East London and some parts of Turkey >_>

Rafa Benitez has introduced another new approach at Newcastle United - by inviting Academy coaches to observe first team training.

I can't even begin to explain my disbelief at how this is apparently classed as a novel approach at a professional football club. What was going on before?

2 hours ago, Adam said:

That bonus point thing is undoubtedly one of the worst rules they've come up with. I honestly hope nobody attends these matches and they scrap the whole thing after one year, it's terrible and it seems clear to be a way for them to open the door to bringing B Teams into the football league through this awful 'League 3' idea.

Why is it?