EFL Cup 2016/17

Lineker

On the balance of play, Southampton deserve to go through, but that was a stonewall pen leading to their goal. I never thought I'd say it, but I hope United snot them. Fans have been a horrible pack of shites over both legs. Really nasty stuff.

It's disappointing going out but that was a blatant pen and we should have had about 10 minutes extra time based on time wasting alone <_<

4 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

It's disappointing going out but that was a blatant pen and we should have had about 10 minutes extra time based on time wasting alone <_<

I've seen a lot of Liverpool Twitter like "eh, we didn't deserve a pen." Well, the rules are the rules, no matter how romantic the alternative is.

We are so toothless atm. It's just shite sidewards passing going to someone out wide who can't beat a man, gets cornered and passes along the back or midfield before going out wide on the other side and repeating. 

There's no energy and creativity....we were good at breaking down teams who sat back at the start of the season. We need a plan b as plan a isn't working at the minute.  

Also the sooner this season ends for Can the better. He's been shite for a while now and epitomises the problems we are having atm.  Needs about 5 touches and slows everything down. Thinks he can go on runs like Yaya Toure but has the feet of Kolo Toure. 

50 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

We are so toothless atm. It's just shite sidewards passing going to someone out wide who can't beat a man, gets cornered and passes along the back or midfield before going out wide on the other side and repeating. 

There's no energy and creativity....we were good at breaking down teams who sat back at the start of the season. We need a plan b as plan a isn't working at the minute.  

Also the sooner this season ends for Can the better. He's been shite for a while now and epitomises the problems we are having atm.  Needs about 5 touches and slows everything down. Thinks he can go on runs like Yaya Toure but has the feet of Kolo Toure. 

Could well be his last if the contract impasse reports are anything to go by.

I only caught the first half - figured Southampton's missed chances would backfire on them in the end. Would have been nice to meet Liverpool in the final (if we get past Hull, of course), but at least the risk of losing to them isn't there any more. :shifty:

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Absolutely. Would love to win It, but losing to Southampton wouldn't hurt anywhere near as much.

How come you're so against the Southampton fans, @Davidmarrio? What did they do?

What? I haven't mentioned anything about Southampton fans? All I've done is moan about how shit we've been after both games and how shit the ref was at letting Southampton time waste. 

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Sorry @Davidmarrio, it was @Nerf. I don't know what they've done to warrant him wanting us to win over them!

Oh. I used to like them a lot, but earlier in the season (and continuing over these two legs) they've been far more concerned with personal attacks and chants, mostly aimed at Lovren's wife cheating on him, than their own team's success. Not just the vile vocal minority (i.e. Hillsborough/Munich chants) either. Have never thought of Southampton fans as such a nasty bunch until this year.