EFL Cup 2016/17

Lineker

Leicester: Zieler, Simpson, Morgan (c), Wasilewski, Chilwell, Gray, King, Drinkwater, Schlupp, Okazaki, Musa
Subs: Hamer, Benalouane, Amartey, Kapustka, Mahrez, Vardy, Ulloa

Chelsea: Begovic, Azpilicueta, Cahill (c), Luiz, Alonso, Moses, Fabregas, Matic, Pedro, Loftus-Cheek, Batshuayi
Subs: Courtois, Aina, Chalobah, Kante, Willian, Hazard, Costa

I hope that RLC has spent the last month learning not to be completely anonymous in this shadow-striker role. :/

Also, lol a two man midfield with Matic as the only defensive player (2014 seems so long ago...).

2 minutes ago, Benji said:

Shinji :wub:Sick of hearing our fans talking him down with Musa and Slimani in the club now. He still has plenty of a role to play, so hopefully that shuts them up for a while.

Really? I always considered him to be decent as cover.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MDK said:

Really? I always considered him to be decent as cover.

He is solid, probably one of the best team players we have, not at all selfish and plays off Vardy really well. People just see expensive and shiny new toys and think they are better and that he has no role.

No goal line tech in the EFL Cup? Bit unfair on poor old Chelsea.

10 minutes ago, Benji said:

He is solid, probably one of the best team players we have, not at all selfish and plays off Vardy really well. People just see expensive and shiny new toys and think they are better and that he has no role.

He does look a bit like the bad camp commander in WWII films.

• Like 1

Difficult to see this going any other way than the Liverpool match: no distinguishable change at the break and then maybe we fluke a goal at some point, but the lead never at risk.

Edit: I really hope I jinxed that.

• Like 2