EFL Cup 2016/17

Lineker

1 minute ago, Colly said:

Checked our fixtures and after playing Wolves twice in 4 days we'll now play Preston twice in 4 or 5. At least one is away this time.

Theory: all Reality as we know it is but a simulation on a higher dimension's Newcastle FM save file.

• Like 2

The no European football should give us an advantage in the next round as there's two Champions league games either side for Tottenham. 

United have some tough games in the league and in the Europa either side of the game as well. 

50 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

The no European football should give us an advantage in the next round as there's two Champions league games either side for Tottenham. 

United have some tough games in the league and in the Europa either side of the game as well. 

It's only Liverpool, Fenerbahce, Chelsea. Piece of piss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

It's only Liverpool, Fenerbahce, Chelsea. Piece of piss.

You are on form after beating the almighty Northampton, players must be on a high after that!! :shifty:

13 hours ago, Colly said:

Whoever's playing it must be shite.

Rafa only started the save in March. He's already plotting to spend the January transfer window signing five star potential youngsters from Brazil.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Those lineups. This truly is the Eff It All Cup.

I like our line up. Good chance to see some of the younger players and I'm excited to see Ejaria alongside Origi and Sturridge. 

Quite an attacking team.  

54 minutes ago, MDK said:

Who makes the money from selling the rights to the various league and cup competitions? The FA?

FA Cup is the for the FA. EFL Cup is actually the Football League, despite the presence of Premier League sides. Premier League is obviously its own thing, and with the prize for 20th in the Premier League much, much higher than the League Cup winners prize it's no wonder teams don't take it seriously. Same with the FA Cup.

Just now, Mad Jack said:

FA Cup is the for the FA. EFL Cup is actually the Football League, despite the presence of Premier League sides. Premier League is obviously its own thing, and with the prize for 20th in the Premier League much, much higher than the League Cup winners prize it's no wonder teams don't take it seriously. Same with the FA Cup.

Pffffffftttt.

PFFFFFFFTTTTT I SAY.

Send some notes down this way.

9 minutes ago, MDK said:

Pffffffftttt.

PFFFFFFFTTTTT I SAY.

Send some notes down this way.

I think that's definitely why you get more upsets in the League Cup. I think in recent memory United have lost to MK Dons, Southend and Coventry at least. Each time we've probably been outplayed as well (I barely remember the Southend and Coventry games but against MK Dons we got mullered).

3 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I think that's definitely why you get more upsets in the League Cup. I think in recent memory United have lost to MK Dons, Southend and Coventry at least. Each time we've probably been outplayed as well (I barely remember the Southend and Coventry games but against MK Dons we got mullered).

Cupsets >_>

Imagine if a CL place was awarded to the PL, FA and LC winners? That would give those comps a kick up the arse.