EFL Cup 2016/17

Lineker

Hull away is definitely one of the better outcomes, so I'm still aboard the EFL Cup hype train! :w00t:

Also what the fuck is wrong with West Ham fans? Trouble again tonight, it's just a toxic atmosphere. I was staying in Stratford for the NFL at the weekend and was walking around while their match was on and it was the most security I've ever seen for an league game. I wasn't even that close to the stadium!

• Like 2

Nothing really demeans the 2012 Olympic legacy of that stadium more than a bunch of idiots ripping out seats and throwing them at people because they support a different football team. It's just infuriating that this sort of garbage is still happening.

• Like 3

I don't understand why the move to the new stadium (or the start of this season in general) has given rise to West Ham fans doing this sort of thing all the time.

I mean, I could theorise that the larger stadium has meant that more twats have got in who weren't necessarily at all the Boleyn Ground matches...but they don't fill the stadium so that clearly isn't the case. :shifty: 

Maybe they are offended by how new/clean the stadium is and feel it needs 'breaking in'...

1 hour ago, stokeriño said:

I don't understand why the move to the new stadium (or the start of this season in general) has given rise to West Ham fans doing this sort of thing all the time.

I mean, I could theorise that the larger stadium has meant that more twats have got in who weren't necessarily at all the Boleyn Ground matches...but they don't fill the stadium so that clearly isn't the case. :shifty: 

Maybe they are offended by how new/clean the stadium is and feel it needs 'breaking in'...

To be fair the West Ham and Chelsea firms did agree to meet a mile away from the pitch, unfortunately that was still inside the stadium.

• Like 10

Cheers guys! 

It's funny though. On the way back from the Fenerbahce match, Baddarina was like "I've done it once. That's enough for me. It's too far", then by the following afternoon she was asking when we were going up again. I'm not complaining about her wanting to come though. I'll get to see more games this way. :shifty: