Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lineker

EFL Cup 2016/17

215 posts in this topic

Southampton should have won by more than one goal and that might bite them on the arse. Awful performance by us. 

Don't know why we took Wijnaldum off and left both Lucas and Can on. I miss Matip and Henderson. 

1 hour ago, Davidmarrio said:

Southampton should have won by more than one goal and that might bite them on the arse. Awful performance by us. 

Don't know why we took Wijnaldum off and left both Lucas and Can on. I miss Matip and Henderson. 

Redmond should have had a hat trick, J-Rod could have had a sitter if whoever it was passed to him, there was a chance cleared off the line as well.

Do Liverpool have problems playing against teams that are set up to defend and counter?

A lot of tonight was a bit of there being no Henderson and no Matip.

Emre Can was dreadful although I think he has played pretty much every game in the most recent run.

1 hour ago, MDK said:

Redmond should have had a hat trick, J-Rod could have had a sitter if whoever it was passed to him, there was a chance cleared off the line as well.

Do Liverpool have problems playing against teams that are set up to defend and counter?

All high press systems do.

I think Southampton missed their chance last night. Could be 2 or 3 up, and I don't think the 1 will be enough.

7 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

All high press systems do.

Pretty much. Though to be fair, very few teams have actually got any success from us doing it this season, which has been nice.

10 hours ago, MDK said:

We've normally done alright against teams set up like that and I feel we struggle if a team presses us as we get flappy. When teams sit back and try to counter, It's normally took time and we've normally found a way. Atm though we are struggling in replicating how we've played during the season. Sunderland, Plymouth and Southampton we've not had much rhythm, movement has been poor and there's been a lack of pace and tempo to our play. I think sitting back and playing on the counter has coincidentally worked better for other teams whilst we've been missing key players. 

I think missing Henderson and Matip is massive for us. Matip is such a calming influence and Lovren seems to play better when Matip is alongside him. Henderson dictates the tempo and brings a presence to the midfield. He'll pass a ball with pace and power and it helps to set the tone of the attack. Thankfully we've got Coutinho coming back who'll can create something out of nothing or create some space for himself. Mane will be a miss though.  

We've only lost 3 games all season. All away from home and all wearing that shit toxic thunder kit <_<  Basically its the kits fault.... :shifty:

1 person likes this

54 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

We've only lost 3 games all season. All away from home and all wearing that shit toxic thunder kit <_<  Basically its the kits fault.... :shifty:

They look like they should be at a building site

We are 3-1 up at half time away at Barnet and currently going six points clear at the top. Looking good at the moment!

12 minutes ago, Adam said:

We are 3-1 up at half time away at Barnet and currently going six points clear at the top. Looking good at the moment!

Didn't realise you were playing in the cup today :shifty: 

Doh! I got too excited and didn't look past 'EFL' :P

At least next seasinthis thread will be called 'The Curacao Cup Thread'.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Doh! I got too excited and didn't look past 'EFL' :P

At least next seasinthis thread will be called 'The Curacao Cup Thread'.

Close. Carabao. 

I give up :lol:

4 people like this

THUNDERMUSCLE!

BRAWNDO! THE THIRST MUTILATOR!