The First Annual RPS "EWB Do Good-a-thon"

RPS

Through the virtue of trading in an iPhone and some WiiU games, I stumbled upon a very large amount of gift cards. I uploaded all of them except for a 20$ Steam card when I said - do I really need this extra $20? I have way too much money on my Steam account to begin with, an extra $20 isn't much. Especially with the Steam Sale coming next week, I am sure somebody else could use some good fortunes. 

Being a big believer in putting good energy into the universe, I decided today that I am going to give one lucky EWB individual the $20 Steam Card. If this goes well, I'll make this an annual thing and perhaps the prize can become bigger and better. 

Do you want $20 on Steam? Well you are in luck! You could win $20 on Steam! How you may ask? By doing something good. I am going to take everyone on their words, but proof of the good deed is encouraged. This can be anything you put your mind too -  an uplifting email, volunteering your time, buying lunch for the homeless, a tale of helping an elderly women cross the street, etc. The more creative the better! As I am a believer in putting good energy into the universe, I prefer this be something you do after today! But really any submission of a good deed that can move the hearts of EWB will be considered. 

Next Wednesday, I'll sift through the good deeds. I'll create a short list of the what I think deserves recognition and we shall put it to a vote here on EWB. Voting will be open for 24 hours and the winner will be whomever receives the most votes. In the event of a tie, I'll find a neutral third party to pick the best deed. The winner will receive $20 on Steam! It is in Canadian dollars, but still... FREE MONEY. 

You have a week to brainstorm and put your good deeds into action. When I wake up Wednesday, I'll pick my favorites and we will put it to a vote! If you don't end up winning, I'm sure the good energy you put into the universe will reward you in other ways. Also, if you stumble upon the thread and read what somebody did, share a like and I'll consider what posts are the most liked as well. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Well, I wish I wasn't such a shitty person, because I like free things.

(Does it help if I help random NPCs in a LARP? :shifty: )

It doesn't have to be something lavish! It can be anything big or small. It's the thought that matters most. It can be spontaneous or planned. There is no criteria or expectations. 

13 minutes ago, RPS said:

It doesn't have to be something lavish! It can be anything big or small. It's the thought that matters most. It can be spontaneous or planned. There is no criteria or expectations. 

I let my co-worker go home early because she wasn't feeling well.

#besthuman #humble

• Admin
14 minutes ago, metalman said:

Tomorrow I'm knocking doors in less well off parts of the city telling people to go out and vote. Which probably doesn't count because I'll probably be telling them how to vote while I'm at it. <_<

Take a GoPro, I want to see this.

• Like 1

I have a friend that's been going through a lot of issues, lost her teaching job and certification, lots of medical problems, barely making it because she can't find a job.  My wife's best friend is a GM of a Five Guys so I told my friend to apply at her store and use me as a reference.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Benji said:

I'm not sure I can do good. Can I just do less evil?

I know you can do good. I never said it had to be for a human being...