Overwatch thread

Quom

22 hours ago, thatshortguy said:

I'm intrigued to see how I do as Ana, since I like playing either as far back as possible (Widow/Zenyatta) or right in their faces (Lucio).  Probably not well, since I don't get much time to play and have zero confidence on all the maps, but alas.

You on PSN?

So the Lucioball mini-game is quite a bit of fun - it's basically Rocket League with Lucios!

I am so salty that they started this literally the day I flew to another country and they will be ending it only two days after I return. I refuse to buy loot boxes but I also don't anticipate being able to earn more than two or so when I get back.

The worst part is that the exclusive stuff can't be bought with gold.

I had uninstalled for the time being waiting for something to catch my eye to bring me back - then they go and do this? But it only goes to the 22nd so.. eh. I don't really think I'll bother - I also don't really like the mentality of "we wanted to make sure that people couldn't get everything they wanted" in order to make things seem more special. Eh.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to the new map, though I'm slightly disappointed we're only likely getting 1 new map at a time. I feel I have played the others to death a bit.

I'd rather they took their time with maps. I just wish they wouldn't release them on console at the start of a season (same with characters). I'd like people to have some idea where and what they're meant to be doing.

Speaking of characters I'm already sick to death of Sombra. I don't really get why the ARG and all this hype for a character, especially one people are expecting to be a stealth character which will probably be either insanely overpowered or totally useless.

I'm kind of hoping that the people guessing Sombra will lead to a new game mode are correct. 

Yeah, dropping maps and characters in the middle of a season is a terrible idea.  Ana debuting mid-season meant you usually ended up with a teammate playing her and having no fucking clue how to use her.  6v6 becomes 6v5 really quickly.

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 01:08, Maxx said:

Yeah, dropping maps and characters in the middle of a season is a terrible idea.  Ana debuting mid-season meant you usually ended up with a teammate playing her and having no fucking clue how to use her.  6v6 becomes 6v5 really quickly.

Yeah, this happened a fair bit on games I played. The person playing Ana would be the only support/healer in the group - it was a mess.

I actually am quite looking forward to the next competitive season. I miss the restriction of one of each character - on quick play the other day I faced a team of four hanzos, a junkrat and torbjorn >_>

'We made a massive mistake releasing a new character mid-season and it's a mistake we won't make again'. Instead they're going to release a new map at the start of the season and are teasing a stupid new character that at this rate will need to come out mid-season. Nice work Blizzard. Also this wait if fucking ridiculous, especially on console with no PTR to have faux competitive and access to the new map. 

• 1 month later...

Looks like Sombra will be arriving soon. There's a thread on reddit where a guy has posted a screenshot from what is alleged to be an internal mailer at Blizzard.

Also, the Hallowe'en seasonal stuff is meant to drop imminently (possibly today).