Overwatch thread

Quom

Yeah, the new brawl is fantastic. Even on easy it's a frenetic lark. I like the new skins too, plus the skinning of hollywood is pretty sweet as well. 

11 hours ago, Quom said:

I want them to keep the brawl in for practice before you play the other modes

In a way, it is sort of a re-skinning/re-interpretation of the opening training bit you do with Soldier 76 isn't it? Would be nice if they included this as an additional training level as you say.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 09:17, Quom said:

Isn't that more 'press this to sprint', 'this is your ultimate', 'this is how you move' type tutorial rather than target practice?

True enough.

As for the Halloween event, I've managed to nab most of the skins - used a bunch of gold I'd collected to date to grab the final few I really wanted (Junkrat, Mercy, 76, and another one), though I'd done quite well with the loot boxes. I think I've only missed out on Hanzo and Pharah in the end.

Good luck if you buy the game now. I created a new account for PS4 for shits and giggles (well more because I hadn't played an FPS in years when I bought OW and your MMR/SR is still based on S1 and I wanted to see if I should be where my main account is). I've now sat in queues over 30 minutes long twice trying to get into placement matches. 

6 hours ago, Quom said:

Good luck if you buy the game now. I created a new account for PS4 for shits and giggles (well more because I hadn't played an FPS in years when I bought OW and your MMR/SR is still based on S1 and I wanted to see if I should be where my main account is). I've now sat in queues over 30 minutes long twice trying to get into placement matches. 

Waiting times have gone up a smidge, but that's crazy. However, you should be fine when they roll out 'season 3' as everyone will have to do placements again.

IIRC season 2 ends 24th November and season 3 starts 1st December. Seasons seem to last nearly two months, so S3 should likely run to mid-late Feb.

She looks awesome, though I fear she may be overpowered. Time will tell! 

Happy for the new maps. There's new game modes too, including 1 v 1 and 3 v 3. 

5 hours ago, En Dub said:

Not sure I like quick play becoming competitive without the stakes, I enjoyed the randomness of it as it was. 

Sombra looks amazing though. Can't wait. 

That's still available in Arcade Mode. I'm kind of really happy. I hate trying to learn new characters in a totally unrealistic environment and am sick to death of triples of characters.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quom said:

That's still available in Arcade Mode. I'm kind of really happy. I hate trying to learn new characters in a totally unrealistic environment and am sick to death of triples of characters.

Yeah I know it'll be good in the long run. I just worry since I'm on console and another game mode will probably only increase wait times for matches. All the changes sound really positive in theory. 

I've seen a video on YouTube of a guy playing a full round as Sombra. She's definitely quite powerful!

• 2 weeks later...

So, Sombra is loads of fun to play as. Still get used to the hacking side of her ability (how long it takes, etc).

Played a couple of 1v1 battles. Lost both (5-4 and 5-3 to the same guy) but it was quite fun, if a bit tense! Haha,

Not had chance to play but in competitive, so can't really say how the character changes feel, other than Pharah can fly a lot now.

I'm hating the changes enough that I think I'm done with the game for a bit. I normally tank or support. The 25% increase to ultimates is way too high for tanks and supports, especially when you add in the damage boost to Soldier (who can now 1-1 Roadhog). It used to be that I could consistently build Ult by firestriking then hitting people with my hammer as we broke through and took the point. Now we end up taking the point, I'm sat on 75% Ult and have no way to hold back the respawning enemies. 

Whilst you were always dependent on your DPS it now feels like the entire game is based around them. If you end up with a Soldier that's worse than the other team's you might as well just quit and save yourself 20 minutes since there's nothing you can do as tank or support to even the balance.

Plus the Zarya nerf is just stupid when you then buff the shit out of D.Va. 'Oh but you can kill squishies now because they fixed her broken laser' well you could if you could build energy, but nearly all the DPS/Supports (besides Zen who was always so slow you could track him anyway since he has a fullsized hitbox) have some form of fast movement so they escape half killed and you end up feeding their supports (or their Sombra) Ults since they just retreat and get healed back up (or take a hacked health pack).

Reinhardt feels way weaker (mixture of Soldier damage boost with D.Va being able to sit miles back) killing your shield. Roadhog is weaker because of the Soldier and Pharah buffs, Zarya is weaker, Winston has no purpose now that D.Va does everything he does better (and D.Va is the one tank I could never use and everyone wants to play as her anyway).

Lucio's healing got nerfed, Ana's ult got nerfed, Zenyatta drops to 50HP if an EMP hits and still has massive mobility issues (the amount of times I can't evade a D.Va bomb is way too damned high), Mercy now regens health faster but I hate using her. 

For something that was drastic and going to be on PTR for ages to make sure it was fine, they certainly didn't waste any time moving the changes over to the live servers. When you already had 4+ people on your team wanting to play DPS I have no idea why they decided the changes that made DPS a class above everyone else was a great idea. I get that the game is balanced for the pro scene. But they have teams and someone gets paid to play tank/support. When 99% of your audience refuses to use them, universally nerfing them was never a great idea.