Sign in to follow this  
Benji

The Robot Wars Thread

Benji    41,024

All we wanted was robots with frickin' lasers on their heads. Is that too much to ask?

• Like 2

Benji    41,024

I'm watching now and I'm not sure how much I can take. I feel like I'm having a seizure with the lighting and camera changes/angles. It's horrendous.

Benji    41,024

Phew. Better in one on ones. Going to have to skip the four ways in future though.

Benji    41,024

Carbide is awesome, but it's controller is a massive cocky bell end who I want to see lose.

• Like 2

Cymbols    2,198
30 minutes ago, Benji said:

Carbide is awesome, but it's controller is a massive cocky bell end who I want to see lose.

Was he the older guy or the young kid? Can't remember.

I enjoyed it personally, thought I'd be bored with the sciencey stuff, but it all kinda adds to the drama. Mad that Razer fell so soon too. 

• Like 2

Benji    41,024

I can't remember who he was with, I think it might have been him though.

Chris2K    3,799

Just once I want to see a hammer/axe weapon actually do some damage. The only time I've seen it happen is with Shunt.

• Like 1

DarylMarrio    3,492

You'd think people would learn not to have a robot with massive tyres because 9 times out of 10 they are gonna get wrecked. 

• Like 1

Chris2K    3,799

I take it back, one blow did some damage in that match.

The Thor guy obviously lives for this and I want him to do well purely for his enthusiasm.

• Like 2

Regia    202

I'm not sure if I've just gotten used to it, but the editing seems better than last weeks, and I'm enjoying this episode far more.

The pit still needs smoke though...

• Like 2

stokerino    9,249

This Foxic v Mr Speed Squared tie is just tragic for all involved.

• Like 3

Chris2K    3,799

Oh it was awful, but almost worth it to hear Noel Sharkey call it "the worst battle I've ever seen in history of Robot Wars".

• Like 2

Benji    41,024

Watching now. Christ that Foxic guy is a tosser.

EDIT: Fucking hell now the tosser is getting pushed in by his team mates. Really hope he gets annihilated.

EDIT 2: ... what the fuck was that? Neither of your weapons work so at least ram each other you tarts. Noel Sharkey saved it.

EDIT 3: Team Foxic have made 132 robots? Maybe they should find another hobby.

Cymbols    2,198

Oh God yeah he was being a right prick. I do like that the tactic to get through the heats is apparently as simple as just running away and hoping that at least one of your opponents fucks it. 

My highlight was his interaction with Mr. Thor man.

"Yo I'm gonna break yo axe".

"Bitch please you ain't done shit all night".

*Proceeds to continue to do nothing. 

• Like 1

Gorka    977

The first episode had the better robots, only Thor seemed to be competent and the guy looked gutted he lost. Wish Mr Speed Squared hadn't broken down, could have been special.Team Foxic were fine, they knew they didn't have a chance against anyone and the trash talk against Thor was clearly a joke. 

The pit needs dramatic smoke like old times.

Edited by Gorka
  • Like 1

Katsuya    2,631

There's a Wildcard in the final from all the Heat Runner-Ups; I'd put good money, even with three more to go, on Thor making it. 

Just caught up now. Shockwave looks like a kind of B-version of Bite Force, which won Battlebots in 2015. Fully expect a working Carbide to tear it to shreds, mind, but they do seem to have a good idea in the whole "charge spinner before it can work properly" plan.

I think it's also telling just how short a time period some of these robots had to get ready - with more than 5 weeks and some proper testing, I can imagine that Speed Squared would have been in much better shape. Also: Foxic, whilst it was crap, was pretty clever in that it was small enough to be able to avoid a lot of weapons. If it had drive properly, I could have seen them being able to pit Speed Squared.

• Like 1

Benji    41,024

Oh that's good news. Thor was by far my favourite contestant and robot so far. So how is the final going to be then? Six robots just facing off in one on ones and no battle royals?

• Like 1

TheWho87    1,543

Got a feeling this will be the Diotoir of this series.

stokerino    9,249

Wood. Petrol. An arena in which flames shoot out of the floor.

Can't see anything wrong with that.

stokerino    9,249

We could always get two of the other robots taking each other into the pit like eejits again.

DarylMarrio    3,492

I hope the wooden robot wins...but it'll probably be turned into wood chippings 

MadJack    3,789

I liked this episode and the series so far has a nice mix of returning and new robots. Has anyone from the original run gone through yet?