The Robot Wars Thread

Benji

Matilda's tail-wheel appears to be able to move the Earth off its axis.

Well this is the biggest destruction since they sent the weakest armoured robot in the competition in to face Hypno-Disc.

And Jesus Christ, that piece of metal that flew off could have killed someone.

I quite enjoyed that. As other people mentioned, the camera work was annoying at times, especially in the initial battles, but it was less of a problem in the head-to-head fights. I don't know if my attention will hold throughout the whole series, but, on the whole, this was a decent start.

I was a little disappointed. I was hoping since a decade had passed since the last one that we'll see a major advancement in how the robots perform (read: I wanted destruction) but it seemed about the same. That said, Razor, Terrorhurtz and Behemoth all didn't go through in favour of a new bot in Carbide, so maybe I'm just not seeing it. I'll stick with it though.

That's almost exactly my sentiments, I'll never grow tired of the concept of the show and will always watch, I just long for the visual styling of the old series still. Plus I wish they had the same size arena as before, this one seems so crowded.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Walker Adultman said:

I was a little disappointed. I was hoping since a decade had passed since the last one that we'll see a major advancement in how the robots perform (read: I wanted destruction) but it seemed about the same. That said, Razor, Terrorhurtz and Behemoth all didn't go through in favour of a new bot in Carbide, so maybe I'm just not seeing it. I'll stick with it though.

I think the issue there is that you're expecting advancements in robotics from nerds building fancy radio controlled cars in sheds.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Benji said:

Carbide is awesome, but it's controller is a massive cocky bell end who I want to see lose.

Was he the older guy or the young kid? Can't remember.

I enjoyed it personally, thought I'd be bored with the sciencey stuff, but it all kinda adds to the drama. Mad that Razer fell so soon too. 

• Like 2

You'd think people would learn not to have a robot with massive tyres because 9 times out of 10 they are gonna get wrecked. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I've just gotten used to it, but the editing seems better than last weeks, and I'm enjoying this episode far more.

The pit still needs smoke though...

• Like 2