The Robot Wars Thread

Benji

Watching now. Christ that Foxic guy is a tosser.

EDIT: Fucking hell now the tosser is getting pushed in by his team mates. Really hope he gets annihilated.

EDIT 2: ... what the fuck was that? Neither of your weapons work so at least ram each other you tarts. Noel Sharkey saved it.

EDIT 3: Team Foxic have made 132 robots? Maybe they should find another hobby.

Oh God yeah he was being a right prick. I do like that the tactic to get through the heats is apparently as simple as just running away and hoping that at least one of your opponents fucks it. 

My highlight was his interaction with Mr. Thor man.

"Yo I'm gonna break yo axe".

"Bitch please you ain't done shit all night".

*Proceeds to continue to do nothing. 

• Like 1

The first episode had the better robots, only Thor seemed to be competent and the guy looked gutted he lost. Wish Mr Speed Squared hadn't broken down, could have been special.Team Foxic were fine, they knew they didn't have a chance against anyone and the trash talk against Thor was clearly a joke. 

The pit needs dramatic smoke like old times.

Edited by Gorka
  • Like 1

There's a Wildcard in the final from all the Heat Runner-Ups; I'd put good money, even with three more to go, on Thor making it. 

Just caught up now. Shockwave looks like a kind of B-version of Bite Force, which won Battlebots in 2015. Fully expect a working Carbide to tear it to shreds, mind, but they do seem to have a good idea in the whole "charge spinner before it can work properly" plan.

I think it's also telling just how short a time period some of these robots had to get ready - with more than 5 weeks and some proper testing, I can imagine that Speed Squared would have been in much better shape. Also: Foxic, whilst it was crap, was pretty clever in that it was small enough to be able to avoid a lot of weapons. If it had drive properly, I could have seen them being able to pit Speed Squared.

• Like 1

It seems the teams doing well are the teams that have been actively competing in events during the times between TV shows.

Some really exciting battles in this show though, probably the best episode so far. That 30 seconds in the second 4-way when two of them avoided the pit by inches was insane.