2016/2017 Hockey Thread

SeanDMan

Draft is over, free agency is sleeping, but big news hence new thread:

This has big potential. Also, fuck the NFL, NHL beat you to Vegas, they beat you to Los Angeles, and now puck is going to beat you to London too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
12 hours ago, The Forks And The Hound said:

I thought for sure he was going to end up in Toronto to be honest. I was very surprised to see the return that Edmonton got because that feels like a horrible trade.

It's like someone in the organization was afraid of making the playoffs this year.

So Crosby has been diagnosed with a concussion. As good as he's been, I really think all of his injuries have really hampered the kind of superstar he should have been. Hopefully it's not a huge issue this year because I believe they have the ability to repeat again.

Sucks about Crosby, but hopefully it's not too long term. They got the talent to succeed without him in the short term, but lets hope he's back healthy soon and it doesn't linger through out the season, cause like Forky said, they have a real shot at repeating.

I'm fully expecting Geno to carry this team on his back while Sid is out, anytime one or the other goes down, the other one usually steps up.

I'm excited for this season. Not expecting a playoff spot for the Maple Leafs, but they should be a more entertaining team then last year. It will be interesting to see how Marner, Matthews, and Nylander all perform and if they are ready to be important players for this team right away.

Any of my fellow Canadian EWBers use the Rogers GameCentre Live subscription program?

I just found out that I can do a monthly subscription for $30 a month, but I want to make sure it's worthwhile. For the record, my team is out of market for me, so I can't watch most of their games on television (if I had cable)... but I can watch all out of market games on the application. I just want to make sure that the live streaming is good, and that if I have to miss a game and watch it on demand, that I'm not going to have to go through a bunch of spoiler-filled garbage just to turn on the game I want to watch. I would like to be able to choose a game on-demand without the result being spoiled for me, but early on with GameCentre, I remember people complaining about how the main menu had all of the most recent or live scores displayed as large or larger than the menus to select what you want to watch.