2016/2017 Hockey Thread

SeanDMan

Pretty pumped for the Preds.  Always nice to see new teams make it - however just like last year when the Sharks made the Finals for the first time I just have a feeling they'll get rolled by the Penguins.

Playoff hockey is so much better than playoff basketball though.  Love it.

Pens need to finish Ottawa tonight, do not want a game 7, and it would be nice for them to get some rest before the finals start. 

Awesome Nashville got this far, but if they play the Pens, screw them, Pens going back to back would be amazing!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hewey said:

What a game, thank goodness the right team won. Now they just gotta beat Nashville and go back to back.

The wrong team won if you ask me. Wrong because I'M SICK OF THEM! Wrong because NOBODY LIKES THEM!!! 

Yes, you can call me salty and a Preds bandwagon fan. :)

For real though, congrats to penguins, but I hope they lose... 

• Like 2

Seriously. Like, the defending champions are going back to the finals, but there was some serious doubt in not only the Conference Finals, but the Conference Semi-Finals as well. I fully expect the Cup to go to six, if not seven games. Great playoffs so far.

When Josi made that bad, half-ass play against the boards, I knew Penguins were coming down and scoring. Going that long without your goalie having any action, and with a shot like that, no way Pekka was making that save.   I don't see Penguins stealing 4 games like this, so they will have to play much better next game. 

6 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Like, the season? Or during a game?

The game. I rarely actually see the puck. I know what's happening because the announcer tells me. Also I have no idea what any of the penalties mean. It's all counter to any of the sports I actually watch regularly.