2016/2017 Hockey Thread

SeanDMan

Pittsburgh and Ottawa in the Eastern Conference Finals. I'm truly happy no matter who wins, and part of me sort of wants Ottawa to win. 

Lmao fuck that Caps, they had every single advantage in this series and choke in the most important game. Thank God for Fleury, now Ottawa is a big test, they've been killing it lately, and Karlson is a stud out there.

The problem for Pittsburgh is that Ottawa has exceptional defense at this stage and Pittsburgh does not. Pittsburgh winning this round is going to completely fall on the shoulders of Fleury. Really, the entire playoffs has been about how well Fleury has been playing. I think he (or Karlson) have been the MVPs so far. Karlson probably more so, but I am a Penguins fan at the end of the day so I am biased towards giving Fleury the props to excelling. 

I really want the Finals to be Nashville against Pittsburgh at this point. That would be an exciting, up-tempo series. New York or Washington against Nashville would have been more fun, though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, damshow said:

Kind of okay with anyone winning except Pittsburgh. Gotta root for teams that have never won or have only one once.

Just going off of that I highly suggest you cheer for a rematch of the '07 Cup Final. ;)

On 5/11/2017 at 07:19, RPS said:

The problem for Pittsburgh is that Ottawa has exceptional defense at this stage and Pittsburgh does not. Pittsburgh winning this round is going to completely fall on the shoulders of Fleury. Really, the entire playoffs has been about how well Fleury has been playing. I think he (or Karlson) have been the MVPs so far. Karlson probably more so, but I am a Penguins fan at the end of the day so I am biased towards giving Fleury the props to excelling. 

Sens looked like absolute crap against the Rangers for most of the series.  Rangers struggled when they had the lead and blew games they should have won. Honestly, Sens struggled to generate offense and struggled anytime the puck was cycled down low in their own zone. Karlsson is paying injured and if you make him go east-west quickly, he's fallen a few times. When he skates North - South, he can still burn you 

Anderson was shaky anytime he had to handle the puck. He made some nice down low saves but really had a hard time against shots jut thrown at the net from different angles. 

Edited by TGWL

2 hours ago, TGWL said:

Sens looked like absolute crap against the Rangers for most of the series.  Rangers struggled when they had the lead and blew games they should have won. Honestly, Sens struggled to generate offense and struggled anytime the puck was cycled down low in their own zone. Karlsson is paying injured and if you make him go east-west quickly, he's fallen a few times. When he skates North - South, he can still burn you 

Anderson was shaky anytime he had to handle the puck. He made some nice down low saves but really had a hard time against shots jut thrown at the net from different angles. 

Fortunately for them the Penguins also looked like relative crap for most of the series against Washington.

19 minutes ago, damshow said:

Fortunately for them the Penguins also looked like relative crap for most of the series against Washington.

Hence why I am fine with the Senators beating Penguins. I don't think either can win. Might as well give the Sens a chance. 

31 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Nashville loses RyJo for the rest of the playoffs.

So Nashville likely loses the series :( We're heading towards a Ducks/Ottawa cup final...and I don't like that.

Anyone but Anaheim.

The hockey gods have been smiling on them a little bit too much this post-season.

I'd rather have Anaheim over Ottawa any day, Ottawa is just so boring to watch, imo. But if I had to bet, I would definitely go with the winner in the west winning the cup. Normally I'd say Pittsburgh would win it, but they're so banged up at this point, and I don't see Ottawa beating Nashville or Anaheim.

I'm glad the Pens won last night, hopefully they're able to win two more and win the series, but man, it's getting hard to watch these guys drop like flies with all the injuries. Feel bad for MAF getting pulled, cause it wasn't on him, but man, I love having Murray in net, the kid is just so damn calm out there.

I don't know what the hell to think in regards to this Eastern final. Win 5-1 then turn around and lose 7-0? The fudge is going on here?

Anyway, I'm really really enjoying the Western final. I'm hoping that goes the full seven, because Anaheim and Nashville just match up perfectly against each other.