2016/2017 Hockey Thread

SeanDMan

5 hours ago, Meacon said:

They only had twelve shots in a game they won. Despite the two wins, they've played like crap. Nashville could very easily win the next two games and end this. 

We can all hope! :P

PK winning the Cup, while Marc Bergevin's team was eliminated in round one, would be the perfect end to the season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Meacon said:

They only had twelve shots in a game they won. Despite the two wins, they've played like crap. Nashville could very easily win the next two games and end this. 

Agreed, they played like crap for 3 games so far. I'm pulling for them, but I think they just ran out of gas, injuries are finally catching up, and the goalie can't bail them out. Hoping I'm wrong and they come out and win this thing, but it won't be such a blow if they ended up losing.

Shame, cause if healthy, or at least with Letang, there would be no doubt in my mind Pittsburgh would win this series.

Edited by Hewey

Hopefully they forget to show up Sunday night and we can put the nail in the coffin. I hate that storyline they're pressing of those young plucky Hero's trying to take down the big bad Penguin dynasty. Even the commentary seems to be pushing the story.

5 minutes ago, Ruki said:

They are a big bad (well, fantastic) dynasty! 

Well yes, but it's like everything they do wrong is highlighted....as if every other team in the league wouldn't do the same thing in their positions. Maybe it's just because it's my team but I notice it so much in this series.

1 hour ago, Forky said:

Well yes, but it's like everything they do wrong is highlighted....as if every other team in the league wouldn't do the same thing in their positions. Maybe it's just because it's my team but I notice it so much in this series.

Agreed so much, Christ, people are whining so much about Sid tonight, and want him to get suspended, even though Subban has cheap shotting him all series long. The hatred for Pittsburgh is ridiculous, people act like they get away with everything when they see fit, even though, they take their share of dirty hits, cheap shots etc. 

Also, not as worried Forky, though, I do not want a game 7. They need to finish it on Sunday. I wanna see them raise the cup in front of the sad Nashville crowd.

While definitely not rooting for a team that already as 4 Cups, I agree there's a pretty large anti-Pittsburgh bias in the commentary. Nashville are fun, new and exciting. But I've seen their fans on Twitter often complain about getting unfair treatment from the talking heads as well, so who knows.

My only saving grace after last night is the hope that maybe Pittsburgh will get denied the chance to see the Cup lifted at home again. It's the little things.

But in a way I'll be glad if Sid and Geno can repeat and win Cup number 3. Shuts up the hot take machine for good hopefully.

This is amazing! Hainsey finally getting the cup....what could possibly be Cullen's last game. :wub:

The only dark cloud is the off-season because I think the Pens are going to be gutted during this offseason. :( 

Props to Crosby, he's a great player, although I think he's one of the bigger jerks on the rink, and props to the Penguins accomplishing back to back.  I now hate hockey for a while. 

2 hours ago, The Handsome Luchadore said:

I'm gonna try to follow NHL next season. Who should I cheer for and why? (Side question: Who currently compares best to Clay Matthews in terms of having the best hair in the league?)

The Toronto Maple Leafs. They have the best young core (3 stars in the making with Matthews, Marner and Nylander) in the league, play a fun/flashy game, and Nylander had the best hair out of anyone.

• Like 2