Movies You're Embarrassed To Say You Haven't Watched

Draevyn

Looking through the "What did you watch today" topic made me think of this. What movies do you think you should have watched by now and you haven't for whatever reason?

Mine would have to be Casablanca. I've heard the quotes and I've seen a couple scenes here and there but I've never actually sat down and watched the movie. I'm going to take care of this next weekend with the girlfriend but I can't believe I've gone this long without seeing it.

To this day, I have yet to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark, I don't know why, just never got around to it. Seen all the rest of the Indiana Jones movies, just not the one that started it all.

Top Gun is another one I probably should've seen by now, but for whatever reason, I haven't. Come to think of it, there's a lot of 1980's Tom Cruise movies I haven't seen. Just saw Risky Business for the first time about a year ago.

Planes, Trains and Automobiles is one I've meant to watch for the longest time, still on my to-do list.

Animal House and Caddyshack also come to mind.

I didn't actually watch The Empire Strikes Back all the way through until a few years ago. Now I watch it every year.

I'm probably one of the few people who's never seen Titanic. How I've never seen E.T. or Jaws I'll never know.

Never seen any of the Fast and Furious movies, and only one of the Harry Potter movies. Same with the Rocky movies (or Rambo for that matter). Nothing on the James Bond, Godfather or Star Trek front either. Hell I don't think I've seen any of the Die Hard movies except in bits and pieces.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

the latest Star Wars movie, as well as Captain America Civil War...though I've managed to stay surprisingly spoiler free of both. 

And I wouldn't say I"m embarrassed by it, but I have yet to see a single Harry Potter movie, and haven't read a single Harry Potter book either.  They've just never been something that seemed interesting to me, despite many people pressuring me to read/watch them

Yeah, not embarrassed but most classics over 2 and a half hours are ones I haven't seen; The Godfather 2, Lawrence of Arabia, La Dolce Vita etc. I find it harder to immerse myself in long films at home -- not exactly having the resources to make it very cinematic, and I end up never doing them justice. I just wait and try and catch them in the cinema, like I did with Barry Lyndon recently which was incredible. 

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

You could name nearly any famous film in existence and I've almost certainly never seen it.

Rocky VII: Adrian's Revenge

• Like 7

Hm. That is a tough question. I'm not really embarrassed that I haven't seen like a lot of "AFI best movies" type stuff like Godfather 2, Ben Hur, etc. They aren't really my type anyway. I would probably say that i am embarrassed that I haven't seen something I absolutely know is my up my alley but I have just managed to skip over. Something like Little Shop of Horrors or Labyrinth. 

I feel like I've watched everything that I have ever had a sevre want to. I look at my Flickchart every now and then, check out the top movies that I have yet to see but they're never anything that I feel like I need to run out and watch. I think the top film that I haven't watched yet is.. The Matrix?

Aside from Attack of the Clones, I haven't seen any Star Wars films.

Also never watched any Lord of the Rings or Marvel Films (apart from Deadpool). Not really embarrassed by this, just pointing it out 'cause yanno, most people seem surprised when I tell them that. 

55 minutes ago, apsham said:

I feel like I've watched everything that I have ever had a sevre want to. I look at my Flickchart every now and then, check out the top movies that I have yet to see but they're never anything that I feel like I need to run out and watch. I think the top film that I haven't watched yet is.. The Matrix?

Really? I thought literally the entire planet went to see The Matrix when it came out