Good Charlotte - "Youth Authority"

Benji

Quite enjoying this album, it's not amazing but it's decent. On a second listen and the first two tracks are solid, and whilst the third probably could be the best of the three, it's held down by "DAE the 90s" bullshit. Like, "when it was Gin 'N' Juice, and we had Dre and Snoop" we still have Dr Dre and Snoop Dogg guys, they're not dead, they're still out and both had albums in the last year or so >_>

Track four, and I have no idea who Kellin Quinn is, but his part of song and the break downs in general ruin what's an otherwise good song.

• Like 2

I'm undecided on whether I like this or not, but I agree with your assessment of the first few.

Kellin Quinn is the singer from Sleeping With Sirens, and they don't do it for me, not a fan of Keep Swingin' either (which is track five, by the way).

Throwing some Biffy in with them on the next track was a good counter balance to it though.

I've only gotten as far as the interlude track, so plan on listening to the other four in my car en route to work tomorrow.

I remember The Great Bottling of Leeds Festival 2003 when The Rasmus and Good Charlotte played back-to-back on the main stage. Two bands in a row whose guitarists couldn't play their instruments very well, so they were mixed to the bottom of each track.

Good times.

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/07/2016 at 09:58, Benji said:

I mean, I entirely get disliking them, but being physically assaulted for doing your harmless job when people literally chose to go out of their way to do it isn't really "good times".

yeah that's terrible and after hearing that its why I've never gone to Leeds. its a fucking fucking festival, there's like a million stages... go to another if you don't like it. 

Also Benji, Sleeping with Sirens did this song for one of the Takeovers you'll probably recognise 

Until recently I totally thought that the singer of that band was a girl >_>

• Like 1