The Emirates FA Cup 2016/17

DFF

• Admin

The FA Cup quarter-finals between Chelsea and Manchester United and Tottenham and Millwall will be broadcast live on BBC One.

Premier League leaders Chelsea will host Jose Mourinho's United on Monday, 13 March with kick-off at 19:45 GMT.

Mauricio Pochettino's Tottenham welcome League One Millwall on Sunday, 12 March at 14:00 GMT.

BT Sport will broadcast non-league Lincoln's trip to Arsenal on Saturday, 11 March (17:30 GMT).

The game between Middlesbrough and the winner of the fifth-round replay between Manchester City and Huddersfield will also be live on BT Sport on Saturday, 11 March at 12:15 GMT.

On 20/02/2017 at 22:07, Cymbols said:

Is all laughter until you realise that Sun Bet had 8/1 on him eating a pie on the sideline. Plastic. 

Thinking about it now, wouldn't he be in the same amount of trouble if he didn't eat the pie? It still affects the bet. And anyway, it was a pasty so all bets are null and void.

I'm still a bit lost by it all, it's not really a sporting bet it's a novelty bet, so I'm a bit surprised the FA cover it. If it's just a breach of general betting rules why isn't Randy Orton in trouble for winning the Royal Rumble...

I'm assuming it's down to the fact he came out and said people made me aware of the bet and I know a few friends who put money on the bet. 

If he hadn't of mentioned anything about it then it'd be a different story. 

Novelty bets piss me off. They favour the bookmaker and nobody else. They give odds of random shit like Beckham on the moon by 2030, yet when one of them happens, there's uproar. 

This one is stupid, mind you, and I'll be glad to see the back of shitting Sutton United. 

2 hours ago, Colly said:

I'm still a bit lost by it all, it's not really a sporting bet it's a novelty bet, so I'm a bit surprised the FA cover it. If it's just a breach of general betting rules why isn't Randy Orton in trouble for winning the Royal Rumble...

It's a bit like spot fixing I would imagine. 

Like you're not going to ping someone for winning something, when that's the whole point of the activity in which they partake in. 

I'd imagine it's legal precedent. If they don't punish him, when Joey Barton or some other mug smacks the ball into the stands a second after kickoff and someone's put £50k on the time of the first throw in being inside five seconds and they can prove a link, then any punishment can be nullified by arguing that they didn't punish Shaw for a 'similar' incident.

Yeah but surely the issue there is the integrity of the game, someone hoofing a ball out for a throw in (I'm looking at you Matt le Tissier) actually has some bearing on the game, while the fat lad eating a pie doesn't. I suppose he was still officially active despite them already using three subs.

I don't care, I've thought about it too much already, and Sutton can fuck off.

• Like 1

Even if you take it out of a footballing context, it's still fixing a bet for me simply because he's been stupid enough to say he was aware of the bet and knew people who'd put money on it. 

Him and Sutton have had their 15 minutes of fame. Time to just let it die now. 

• Like 2

On 21/02/2017 at 15:25, Handsome Gazz said:

The pie thing is just a more blatant example of colusion between a company and their betting website, like when Sky Sports News for example, could run a story that Ranieri is having sit down talks with the club's owners, who flew in from Thailand this morning and imply that he's getting the sack, when really they know the meeting is about Claudio being the star of a new Thai shampoo commerical. Then they run a Skybet ad in the break where you can get Ranieri to be sacked next at 6/1.

:shifty: