Favorite Worst Movies

EndOfAnEra

19 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Troll 2's a good shout. Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 has that infamous "Garbage daaaaaaayyyyy!" scene and it's always a good laugh to watch.

Can't go wrong with the original Birdemic either. Or the first two Sharknados.

Birdemic is painful. It actually is worse than 'so bad it's good' - it's pretty much unwatchable crap.

I don't have a lot of patience for movies that look awful or have terrible writing, so a lot of the "so bad, they're good" movies I just don't like. I can't sit through a movie like Birdemic.

Of course, this flips a little with horror. As long as it's not a awful looking "shot on video" movie, I'll probably give the movie a shot. Someone said Killer Klowns For Outer Space above - I'd argue that's not a bad movie at all. It features some unique and cool special effects, and it's basically a parody of your typical alien invasion movie.

Here's my contribution to the thread...

Also basically every 80s slasher movie could fit in this category. Especially the ones that aren't as well-known as your Friday the 13ths, etc.

Probably the 1000th time I've posted this video on EWB, but Bronx Warriors is of course one of my favorite bad movies.

And I should also let it be known, the guy playing drums here wasn't part of the movie. When they went to film the scene he was just there drumming away, so they left him in the movie. 

I love it. Why the fuck was he there though? 

• Like 2

Zombie 90: Extreme Pestilence, featuring some of the best dubbing in the history of celluloid.

I was going to post Zombie Lake, but it's NSFW almost immediately. For some reason it's still on youtube though, go figure.

Edited by munky

I remember enjoying all of the Earnest Saved movies when I was a kid. Dude uses milk to fight Halloween trolls that turns kids into wooden figures.

Idle Hands was another I remember sneaking into see thinking I was the biggest rebel ever. Its when I first cell in love with Jessica Alba.

And pretty much any Hulk Hogan movie from the late 1980s.

• Like 1

I'm a sucker for those low-budget, corny as fuck films.

I came across one a few weeks back called Arachnoquake.

Best bit was when this fella ran away from this massive spider, which proceeded to breathe fire. Another unforgetable moment saw a massive one chasing a speedboat.

Well worth a watch.

19 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

There's now talk about a possible remake of Plan 9 From Outer Space! WHAT. THE. HELL?!

That's been on the cards for a decade now. At one point, Gene Snitsky and the Angry Video Game Nerd of all people were meant to have parts in it.

On 7/29/2016 at 21:53, I DDT 'Em. said:

That movie looks tremendous. Although I thought it was going to turn into an Anchorman style brawl, I got vibes of Hard Ticket to Hawaii

I found this thread today. And I was going through and saying yes to many of them but had a secret trump card. And then I saw this post. Hard Ticket to Hawaii I'd perfect for this thread. 

So I guess since that one was taken from me I'll go ahead and suggest Deadfall. Just trust me. 

I could talk about the philosophy behind what makes a movie truly "bad" or a "good bad" movie, etc. but I'll cut to the chase and say that I feel Con Air is one for me. We're riffing it on Tuesday, and the process of writing on it has just awakened me to how much I find the movie very, very watchable, despite the fact that it betrays a pretty terrible worldview.

But that's probably not really in the spirit of this thread.

I really dig movies like Time Chasers for their heartfelt effort - and perhaps even noble intention - that somehow amount to a clumsy, inexplicable Jackson Pollock of a film experience.

• Like 1