On 27/12/2016 at 19:58, DFF said:

If only Prater had not missed that field goal :(

Congrats Slogger, that was an insanely close final. Thanks HC for running a tight ship - hopefully I can go one step better next year. 

Thanks man, I've never celebrated a missed FG more in my life... Other than the blocked one for 6 we had vs Cleveland last year but you get my point.

Only what... 7 more months till we draft again?

Sounds about right 

What it actually means is that I've got 7 months to come up with another topical team name. 

2014: Flaccoholics Anonymous 

2015: Diamond City Garveys

2016: Viridian City Valors 

2017: [Gaming Trend] City [Teamname]? 

The former sounds pretty painful so I won't pry.

The latter sounds freaking glorious though... As it dawns on everyone that Australians rule the EWB Football Kingdom (H)

8 hours ago, Slogger said:

Sounds about right 

What it actually means is that I've got 7 months to come up with another topical team name. 

2014: Flaccoholics Anonymous 

2015: Diamond City Garveys

2016: Viridian City Valors 

2017: [Gaming Trend] City [Teamname]? 

Fargo season 3 better deliver if I'm going to continue my naming trend.

• Like 1

I'm happy to forget this season. I had a lot of personal shit going on, so I couldn't allocate as much time to it as I'd have liked, including a general sense of 'Fuck it', and then when I did start to care again, I lose my first three draft picks <_< . 

I'm looking forward to the auto-picker giving me a couple of decent QBs again whilst I'm at Bloodstock. :P

My draft was actually kinda amazing all things considered. 91.9% of my points in the consolation came from players that I drafted, just didn't have a good semi final week.

Look out August, 'I blame Josh Gordon' is counting down the days!

I know we randomise the draft orders each year, but has anyone considered using the reverse of final positions to determine it? This is how we do it in another league I'm in, and it's led to a relatively balanced game this year (newcomers got randomised slots placed at the end of the draft).

I feel like we get a fairly balanced set of results if we randomize the order every year.   Srar won our league multiple times picking at all different spots.  Given that we aren't keeper leagues, and everyone goes into the draft pool, it just seems like you're punishing someone for picking players that did good a year ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

I feel like we get a fairly balanced set of results if we randomize the order every year.   Srar won our league multiple times picking at all different spots.  Given that we aren't keeper leagues, and everyone goes into the draft pool, it just seems like you're punishing someone for picking players that did good a year ago.

It was just a suggestion. I've only played on here for three years I think now and, I'll be honest, I've not noticed whether certain players do better than others. I've just noticed  that, in another league I'm in, it has levelled the field a little. 

I agree with Maxx. If we were in a keeper league, then last year standing's would be a fair way to make the draft order. In redraft, better to just start fresh. Snake order is fair enough.

My draft position three years in the A-league were last (finished 4th after regular season/4th overall), third-last (1st regular/4th overall) and third-last (1st/1st). I don't think draft position has a whole lot to do with it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2017 at 02:44, Plubby said:

My draft position three years in the A-league were last (finished 4th after regular season/4th overall), third-last (1st regular/4th overall) and third-last (1st/1st). I don't think draft position has a whole lot to do with it.

<_<