No Man's Sky

Benji

4 hours ago, apsham said:

The PC version is having issues holding anywhere near 60 frames on computers that have 1080's in them among a myriad of other issues. Not looking good right now with some big time streamers giving up on the game due to many issues - Total Biscuit even stopped streaming with 25K+ viewers today and did a video on the performance issues instead. People scraping through the files have found legitimate PS4 files... something that PC users aren't going to be all that happy about considering how lazy that is.

I had issues with performance as well on PC. Considering I have one of the better graphics cards I was disappointed. Very laggy, as you said, it never kept close to 60fps.

So I got a refund from Steam.

1 hour ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

I fucking hate this game. It was sold as fun and discovery and now all I get is shot down 5 seconds after I go into space. If I wanted to get shot 5 seconds into a fucking game dies all the time I would play Call of Duty or something. What the fuck? 

By the same token, I've yet to be attacked by anything other than a plant or a single sentinel.  Odd.

I've only had one spacecraft attack and got out pretty quickly. I've not died yet but I've got in to scraps with a couple of big carnivores (not coincidentally named after the mother in law :shifty: ) I do think that will start to get worse soon. I'd assume things will start to feel more hostile if I get any further.

Edited by lanky316

3 hours ago, Little Red Srarvette said:

Maybe I am farther in than you? Or was anyway because as I previously stated "fuck this game"

Perhaps.  I wonder if how close you are to the center determines the difficulty (especially with their talk of "weird things" happening as you get closer).

Admittedly, I'll be peeved if this turns into a game where I can't just go around naming shit.

3 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

Perhaps.  I wonder if how close you are to the center determines the difficulty (especially with their talk of "weird things" happening as you get closer).

Admittedly, I'll be peeved if this turns into a game where I can't just go around naming shit.

I know right? That's all I want to do. Fuck Space Combat. I am not good at driving or flying things. I wasn't told that was part of the deal!

• Like 1

I got attacked twice and the first time was helpless but the second time I almost escaped but got gunned down by the last pirate.

I lucked out because I found two planets side by side that were great for mining minerals. I managed to save up 1 million credit, craft antimatter and then bought a new ship that has way better defense and way more slots (15 slots before and I think 22-24 after). 

I have killed only creature and it is because that fucker attacked me. 

Last time I travelled in space I was attacked by space pirates and since there wasn't a prompt to tell me how to shoot I died. I turned off my PS4 and haven't gone back yet.

Apparently it is X though, so I'll try again.

1 hour ago, Katsuya loves Oslo said:

If you're struggling to kill pirates, then just get the Beam weapon. It auto-locks and about 5/6 blasts of it seems to take down most pirate ships.

Oooo, haven't seen that one yet.  Making that top priority.

@SRN:  Firstly, hey!  Secondly, I wouldn't say it's devoid of content as much as I'd say it is exactly what it says on the tin and nothing more.  If you've played Diablo, you know what mechanics to expect.  Every planet/star system is different, but there are certain variables that have a range (poison rain?  cold climate?  good materials?  big freaking dick monsters?).  You leap from moon to base to planet, hoping the next one is your last because you're Scott Bakula has the materials you need.

• Like 1

I've had no interest in going back to play it from last Tuesday. The wife, who was super excited for it, also hasn't even played it yet.

It just feels like that what you do in the first 10 minutes is what you're going to do the next 10 hours, without much variety.

Depends what you're expecting, but this game is exactly what I thought it would be from what I'd seen in trailers and that. 

Its very much a game for chilling with where you don't have to think too much or have to worry about getting killed every few minutes (although it happens occasionally). I spend 4 hours on it and the time flew by. Doesn't sounds that long, but games rarely hold my attention for over 30 mins at a time these days.

I mine as I explore. If I land on a dull planet, I poke around to see anything interesting. I scan things and go into caves. When I have had enough of the planet I look for something more interesting. Mining is incidental to all of this.

I think the most uninteresting part of the game is the four races.