No Man's Sky

Benji

1 minute ago, Benji said:

I'm honestly expecting it to be a free PS+ game in a couple of years, so I doubt I'll ever pay for it unless it's something absurd like a fiver or a tenner.

Are you going to buy me a PS4?

5 hours ago, MDK said:

This is a game that is one I will get in a sale. A really cheap sale.

Honestly, I paid the full $60 for it and have no regret, but I saw it for sale on Steam this week at $30 or something. I think that is probably the ideal price point for the game. But as I said before, it is a game that fits really a particular niche. If you require really complex and interactive game play, it is most certainly not the game for you at whatever price they will sell it for. 

3 minutes ago, RPS said:

Honestly, I paid the full $60 for it and have no regret, but I saw it for sale on Steam this week at $30 or something. I think that is probably the ideal price point for the game. But as I said before, it is a game that fits really a particular niche. If you require really complex and interactive game play, it is most certainly not the game for you at whatever price they will sell it for. 

Even with the massive disparity between what was advertised and what you got?

6 hours ago, Paton said:

I loved the concept of No Man's Sky from the beginning. Endless exploration, species to discover, etc.  

Not quite the same, but with the Horizons expansion, would Elite: Dangerous possibly satisfy this?

8 minutes ago, RPS said:

I assume I can use my controller on it and its not just mouse and keyboard? Because I don't mind splodging down a tenner or so for a game where I can just sit back and mince about, I quite like that.

10 minutes ago, MDK said:

I assume I can use my controller on it and its not just mouse and keyboard? Because I don't mind splodging down a tenner or so for a game where I can just sit back and mince about, I quite like that.

I have it on PS4, so I don't know if you can use a controller on it. The Steam Page says "full controller support" so I assume you can. 

17 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Even with the massive disparity between what was advertised and what you got?

I don't necessarily feel there was a massive disparity between what was advertised to me and what I received. I think the key difference is that the people complaining about the features got on the hype train a bit too much and mythologized the game to a point where it would not live up to it's hype. There were things changed during the game, but every game changes over development. I didn't meticulously study every single game trailer released and become obsessed with all the features. I genuinely can't think of a single feature or aspect of the game that I expected pre-release that was not there post-release. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RPS said:

I have it on PS4, so I don't know if you can use a controller on it. The Steam Page says "full controller support" so I assume you can. 

Wait, does that mean you are using mouse and keyboard on ps4?

9 minutes ago, MDK said:

Wait, does that mean you are using mouse and keyboard on ps4?

Wait, I am confused. What did I say that made it seem like I was using a mouse and keyboard on my PS4? 

Just now, RPS said:

Wait, I am confused. What did I say that made it seem like I was using a mouse and keyboard on my PS4? 

5 minutes ago, RPS said:

That bit threw me >_>

1 minute ago, RPS said:

Oh, I need my second coffee. I meant that I have it on PS4, so I don't know if you can use a controller on your PC. 

Well if you can play it with a controller on PS4 then I can play on my Xbox pad on my PC.

Now lets go get a latte.

• 11 months later...

So I heard there were updates.

Is there plenty to do in this game now?

I'm purchasing a PS4 in the next couple days. I'm debating on this or WWE 2K18 as the first game I buy for it. I've been thinking this would be a great game to play while listening to podcasts or music and I know from experience the WWE games are so I'm kinda stuck.

4 hours ago, =BK= said:

So I heard there were updates.

Is there plenty to do in this game now?

I'm purchasing a PS4 in the next couple days. I'm debating on this or WWE 2K18 as the first game I buy for it. I've been thinking this would be a great game to play while listening to podcasts or music and I know from experience the WWE games are so I'm kinda stuck.

It is a great game to tune out, explore and to be chill out and relax too. If you are expecting a game of complicated game mechanisms that is deep and constantly game systems, the game is not for you .

I would honestly watch a Let's Play for an hour of the game and see if you enjoy what the  game is like. There is more to do now beyond that first hour, but it is pretty indicative of the game as a whole. 

• Like 1