Motorsport Manager

Meacon Keaton

I've messed up my second season. I invested a lot in my new car but didn't realise there would be the chance to improve it further during the development so I spent all my remaining money on building a new HQ. I also told the chairman I was aiming for 2nd thinking that it meant the end of season goal, apparently it means every single race and my chairman's happiness has gone from 100% to 53% in three races. I even won one of those races but my 2nd driver finished 10th, so two teams scored more points than me and I ended up losing chairman happiness.

I might start again now I'm more clued in to what I'm doing.

In my third season with Predator. Finished bottom in the first two years and cocked up by building a design centre at the end of the first season instead of upgrading my factory. Built a Suspension centre at the end of the second season and plan on upgrading my factory at the end of this season so I can finally build a R&D centre and such.

Despite spending the max on my new car this season, still in last place because the parts inside the car still suck (I'm assuming the suspension will be much better next season since the centre didn't get finished until after the new car was finished) but actually managed to win the 6th race! Thanks to rain and doing on less stop than everyone else Ines Santa Ana managed to hold on and take the win! The second driving finished last but who cares? I won a thing!

37 minutes ago, hugobomb said:

In my third season with Predator. Finished bottom in the first two years and cocked up by building a design centre at the end of the first season instead of upgrading my factory. Built a Suspension centre at the end of the second season and plan on upgrading my factory at the end of this season so I can finally build a R&D centre and such.

Despite spending the max on my new car this season, still in last place because the parts inside the car still suck (I'm assuming the suspension will be much better next season since the centre didn't get finished until after the new car was finished) but actually managed to win the 6th race! Thanks to rain and doing on less stop than everyone else Ines Santa Ana managed to hold on and take the win! The second driving finished last but who cares? I won a thing!

You still got that William Evans bloke driving for you as the second driver? Because he's arguably the worst driver in the game, and don't believe his 'potential' either, he's a waste of space.

I know in season one there's one free agent driver available for Predator who is a pay driver, of whom you'd earn 100K per race AFTER paying the driver. And they are pretty talented and able to be on equal footing with Santa Ana at the very least.

48 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

You still got that William Evans bloke driving for you as the second driver? Because he's arguably the worst driver in the game, and don't believe his 'potential' either, he's a waste of space.

I know in season one there's one free agent driver available for Predator who is a pay driver, of whom you'd earn 100K per race AFTER paying the driver. And they are pretty talented and able to be on equal footing with Santa Ana at the very least.

Got shot of Evans just before the end of the first season, got Cerys Young as my number 2, better driver (granted not saying much), doesn't whine as much about Ana having the better car and better feedback during practise.

Speaking of my drivers, I've just been told that they are dating. First ever dating Lesbian line up in history! Good job I renewed their contracts before this news came through, that could have been awkward. Oh and and on the same day I got the new about their relationship, I also got news that Cerys Young is a gambling addict.   

• Like 1

In my second season in the Asia-Pacific League with Octane. Rodrigues is still bossing it as the leader, but the other two drivers I have are kinda terrible. One is about 4.75 potential though and is learning fast thanks to my HQ upgrades, though. Only problem is that in a season and a half, they've scored a total of one point. Trying to keep finances down though so I've not been willing to improve them, but it's making the constructors an uphill battle. Rodrigues has won 5/5 races so far this season, but because of pole position points/fastest laps, Kirov (my nearest rivals) can still outscore me if they're both in the top four.

As for upgrades, I've now got the ones for Brakes, Suspension & Front Wing, which is handy as the other three parts are now all spec parts in this championship (I may have used 6 votes stored up to get Spec Rear Wings introduced...). I've got the best Front Wing and 4th best Suspension, but the worst Brakes annoyingly. Just none of the upgrades for Brakes seem *that* good, might need to go to an Epic knowledge for them. Also Lv 1 Design Centre, Factory, Tour Centre, Scouting, Forecasting and the Helipad. Got verrrry lucky with sponsors too, as their last race had a 4x bonus for being their home race. Cool $4.8million in the bank from that.

Still really enjoying it, if the backmarkers don't continue to royally piss me off.

Oh, and here's a little tip for anyone who's really struggling to make progress:

At the end of the season, make a couple of parts that are FULL of risk, but don't put them on the car. Also, try and do ones that boost the base level rather than the max level of your parts. During the "next season development" section, the game takes the best parts you've got and just makes them the new base for your car - but it strips the risk away. It can give you a really big advantage at the start of the season and also means you can focus on reliability for the first couple races.

• Like 2

It's fine, I'm only 2-3 seasons away from not needing to worry about blue flags :crying:

On course for another 10th place this season (four-pete!) , but I finally have a part that isn't the worst on the grid  (my suspension if your interested) so if I concentrated on my brakes for the second half of the season I should be in with a shout of threatening 9th next season. If I could get a vote for spec engines and win it I'd be in a far better position. 

On 10/11/2016 at 19:48, Liam said:

Is there an editor with this?

On 10/11/2016 at 20:59, Jasonmufc said:

Not yet, so you gotta go with the preset database of fake but somewhat recognisable drivers and teams. No idea if there's gonna be an editor in the future, since this is the first game in the series.

Steam Workshop is coming... just no idea when

4 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

There are no official licences at all, but the developers intend to implement Steam Workshop support, so that could be handled by the modding community.

What motorsports does it include tho? Is it just F1 or does it include TOCA? That is what I mean.

On my restarted career I won the Drivers Title and Constructors Title, Claudia Dreyfuss winning being the one to get the title with Luigi Marchetta 4th. I chose not to be promoted and used the advice of making ridiculous parts with high risk which seems to have paid off as my new car is pretty good too. Won the first race of the season thanks to 2 stopping and having better reliability than the rest so my chairman hasn't got angry at me yet.

Now I'm stopping for the day because it's distracting me from the rest of my life.

• Like 1

Re-Re-Restarted my career, with Predator again because that I love the challenge of having the shittest team ever to work with.

First order of business, William Evans got the axe and I signed Miia Lahtinen, a reasonably skilled pay driver who after salary nets be a 160K profit every race. Also axed my reserve driver because that's a waste of money, signed 34 year old Marieke Meulen, another pay driver (full Sauber up in this bitch) who nets me a cool 65K for driving practices.

First two races were a wash, since most parts were either terrible or had no reliability. In Milan it started to turn around, and Santa Ana got a nice 14th place to get a sponsor bonus.
Tondela was even better for me, although some strategy gaffes prevented it from being great. Miia got 7th place, and Ines got 17th spot after she ran into tyre issues in the end

Ardennes GP was much like Tondela, although I fixed my strategy goofs (no more double stacking with refueling rules), second part of the race was water logged, but I was on pace for a 11-12 finish, but Santa Ana ruined her front wing (and got a 10s penalty) two laps from the finish, putting her back in 18th place a lap down. But at least Miia got that nice 11th spot.

So with the first season at the halfway mark, I got my two drivers on 20th and 18th place respectively, with the pay driver outworking my actual paid driver. The car is still the worst on track, but with my 'tactical genius' I am able to pull out mid-pack finishes for that valuable sponsor dosh. Now I am planning on saving money for a while so I can build a nice buffer and maybe upgrade facilities and stock up on risque parts for the next season roll-over.

Also, managed to force spec suspension for next year, so that'll certainly help me level the field even further.

My general strategy for the team is to focus on getting some scouting going and finding the pay drivers of the future, and maybe use that dosh to build something that can get me into the future. At least until the chairman gets impatient with being average and starts to force me to be more than shit.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Survived my first season, managed to get 9th in the team standings which made me a very happy chappy. Used the cash infusion to upgrade the scouts and factory, of which the latter will be finished after round two.

Also pushed myself slightly into the hole in post-season to get a really nice chassis going into second season that will hopefully help me greatly with strategy and outfoxing the other teams on the grid. 3.5 tyre wear and fuel efficiency, and 2 heating/improvability. It's not super amazing, but I think for the lowest series it's a worldbeater of a chassis.

My driver lineup is unchanged, as I have been fearful of going with better more expensive drivers, since I barely make a 1/1.5M a race depending on whether I can finish 9th or higher. So the money situation is holding me back from really grabbing the future stars (Bukhalova, my god, so ridiculously good, but so insanely expensive even with being a pay driver...)

Same goes for my mechanics, they're painfully average, the team lacks the facilities to fulfill their potential, but I don't have the cash to attract the ones that are actually an improvement.

But all things considered, the car is better than at the end of last season, so hopefully my tactical 'genius' will help me fight in a much higher weight class than I deserve to be. Either way, like last year, money is gonna be tight and i'm very happy my chairman barely has any expectations from me. So I can continue plugging away, scout young talent, and maybe find one kid that has gobs of talent and doesn't give a shit about the money. Preferably a pay driver with 100% marketability on top of all that, a manager can dream, right?

Oh, and with spec wings and suspension, I only have three things to focus on, and it's not gonna change into next season!

Edited by Jasonmufc

• 2 weeks later...